Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

RE: 9-06-07 project civic PAGE 21 train horn installed

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2007, 05:16 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: 9-06-07 project civic geting back to stock and modest.

very nice man! it is coming along nicely lol yeah I know what you mean with the clutch thing, after driving my car with the auto and then switching to my moms for a day today I was jumping like crazy in first, eventually just started starting out in second to avoid embarrasment lol, love your yard btw, looks like a nice place to live

Old 10-27-2007, 06:00 PM
Recognized HCF Member

LOL 5acress out in the country... good open area to make all the noise i preaty much want BUT in the winter.... all that snow from the corn fields just blow RIGHT OVE and drift like a ****!!!!!!!!

it makes it very bad when it snows and thiers even alittle wind! doesnt matter which way the wind comes.LOL
which is the main reason i chose stock suspension.lol my friend lives more in the city so hes got plowed roads preaty good... but not me

also just ordered some splash guards for the front cause mine are preaty much missing and I KNOW thats a very bad thing if i drove it in the snow.LOL

Old 10-29-2007, 03:43 PM
Recognized HCF Member

well been thinking about modifying the car hard lately and decided.....

SINCE I DONT HAVE THE ***** TO CUT UP MY 99CIVIC..... WELL i can cut up the 94civic.... hahahhaa

WELL ive decided to SUICIDE DOOR the civic

figure 100bucks for suicide hinges.... 50bucks for bear claw latches.... and then just some extra metal for bracing... id guess 50bucks in raw materials.... SO i need to save up some cash and start piecing it together

ive always wanted suicide door!!!! and now i got a chance to have them... and if they dont turn out.. O WELL.LOL
i can always weld the door jams back up and will be as good as new

tho i figure it might be awhile till i start cuting and welding since this car will be my daily driver for the winter salt days.LOL
but i will start out with the passenger door...... if i have to i can just strap the door closed while i cut and weld. LOL
tho im not sure HOW ill do the door handles........
id rather not SHAVE THEM..... so i MIGHT look into updating them with some newer 96-00 exterior handles..... REAR door handles to eliminate the key hole... cause i realy wont have any locks. tho i will have suicide safety pins!!!! safety first but those are fairly easy!
just have to save up on the parts.... just another thing im gonna do BEFORE i paint it...

i was gonna have it aligned today BUT had to get my 99 to tire shop cause one tire lost 10PSI so i needed to get that checked out... turned out to be a nail of course and it took WAY TO LONG to get into tire shop.... just my luck they had some tire sale going on so had more buisness than usual but i HAD to get it fixed so i waited
so hopefully TOMOROW ill take it to get aligned. i just have to take afew bolts off the steering wheel and straighten it up since i have it off 1 tooth. hopefully nothing will be frozen and it will be quick and easy... then have to talk to them about my 99civic since they never actualy completly aligned it and see if they will posibly fix it free.... worth a shot at least...

but i know suicide doors will realy set my 2 civics apart. LMFAO cause now they seem realy close to the same feel, looks....

Old 10-30-2007, 11:54 AM
Default RE: 9-06-07 project civic PAGE 6 runing and driving, still need timing fixed.

Still watching the thread, and still envying your space

I have to share a 2 car garage in the suburbs with 4 vehicles total in the family, so half the time I am in front of the garage, and the other half im in front of the house

Old 11-02-2007, 04:47 PM
Recognized HCF Member
Default RE: 9-06-07 project civic PAGE 6 runing and driving, still need timing fixed.

ok today got my inner fenders and my projector headlights in...
inner fender fitment kinda sucked BUT what can ya expect for aftermarket...
and only kinda with the projectors..... still good enough tho.....

also had to cut the parking light wires off the bulb cause the parking light just looks stupid with the halos.LOL

engine bay still looks preaty good MINUS the header.... guess i shoulda used the 1500degree hightemp paint instead of the 500degree.LOL

ugly parking light on with halos...

comparison shot...

another ugly parking light shot....

one simple SNIP

and both sniped

low beam/projector

and the high beams....

still have to get out and aim them perfect BUT for now im gonna rock them cause those stupid inner fenders took so long to put in so i dont feel like messing with the civic anymore tonight!

and some new inner fenders...

here was the only inner fender left from previous DOUCHE...

THO I WAS REALY HOPING to get my dx cluster in the mail today BUT seller sent it the CHEAP WAY so no clue when ill get it from the post office

REALY SUCKS not knowing how fast your going half the time!!!!!!!
tho mi not rocking the DX cluster.... im swaping out the speedometer part. cause ive tried a new speed sensor busted it up but it still didnt work THEN tried another USED speed sensor and gear cause i snaped mine and at least now it works HALF the time im driving about....

BUT its working progress......

Old 11-05-2007, 11:05 AM
Recognized HCF Member

well not much work done lately... i got a Alpine Type R 12inch subwoofer and a box USED for 140bucks localy and hooked it up to my old JBL BP600.1 great little amplifier. tho now i REALY need to upgrade the radio cause this crapy sony doesnt have a subwoofer output so it sucks..... but not to bad....
later today im gonna build HALF of a false floor for the subwoofer box to sit on and be bolted down securely... so it wont slide around the trunk and also for theft... no alarm yet...

BUT today i did get my WICKED TOE ADJUSTERS in the mail today...
they look great!!!!
now i just need money to buy the front adjusters! then i can bolt it all up and HOPEFULLY i wont have any HUGE problems cuting out the old toe adjusters! I HOPE THAT IS.....

so far this wicked brand looks preaty decent.... just have to make some square washers for the front kit when ever i get the cash for them and get them in the mail....

ill go out later tonight and hopefuly have enough materials to build the false floor for the sub box....

Old 11-07-2007, 05:10 PM
Recognized HCF Member

well NOW ive been geting my @ss kicked by these stupid TOE adjuster bushings seizing!!!!!!! AAWWEEEE talk about a HUGE PITA!!!!!!
one thing after another!!!
3 outta 4 bushing bolts SEIZED good news only one more seized bolt to cut out

1 just siezed bushing/bolt... 1 came right out...
other side 1 busted half way off AND was also seized. and currently i have 1more to go that is siezed good!

so now i have to pull the whole whole drivers side spindle assembly so i can either cut or torch the bolt out.... tho i think cuting it out will be just as easy and alot cleaner... but i still have to remove the whole thing off the car to get to it easier....

i dont know WHAT IS HARDER with replacing these toe adjusters..... all the work..... OR trying to keep blood flow to your hands while working under the car. LMFAO

BUT in all good news at least 3 outta 4 are ready to go.....
but now i have to go order 3 new bolts cause im preaty sure honda dealership wont have them instock but at least they usualy get them next day....

AND i just ordered the front adjustable camber arms! so i hope they come quickly
then i can get the suspension all together and have it aligned again to perfect specs
i was gonna get new adjustable rear camber kits as well BUT i figure since my rear camber is fine with the stock parts... ill just leave them alone right now and buy them in afew weeks... just to have them for when i do upgrade the suspension to a adjustable GC coilover setup where i will need them all adjustable....

ive been taking abunch of pictures BUT havent brought my camera in to upload the pictures..
ive thought about doing a DIY for the toe adjuster replacements BUT to tell the truth i dont think its much of a DIY for most people.... ya need good air tools and alot of time.LOL

Old 11-08-2007, 04:12 PM
Recognized HCF Member

O MAN FINALY got it 99% done in the rear......

got all the bushing/bolts cut out, welded up, painted over.... and NOW I JUST NEED THE NEW BOLTS to replace the ones i choped up

HUGE PITA JOB!!!!!!! BUT if i was to PAY a shop to do this work.... OUCH i know it would be expensive...
me spending about 4-5hours or cutting and grinding....
ill be glad when i NEVER have to touch them again!!!!

so now im just waiting for honda dealership to get my 3new bolts in. SHOULD get them tomorow.... then i just have to ANTISEIZE all the new bolts and tighten them down and THEN THE REAR WILL BE DONE [8D]

i was going to do a DIY for these toe adjusters BUT THEY SUCK SO MUCH that unless the person has some air tools and a good air supply... its to much work. !!!!!!!!

JUST FOR FUN.... suposed to be 2 parts and 2 bolts.... how many parts are they now. LMFAO

all pictures of my work at
http://s40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...E%20ADJUSTERS/

i cut out the bushing/bolts two different ways, because they both busted differently... first one was EASY just one bolt/bushing seized. was able to just cut and chop and vis grip the remainder of the bolt out. stuck alittle but after grinding afew flat spots on the bolt vis grips took it out just fine but VERY time consuming

and the other side busted the bolt and had to be done differently... most cut off then again this time cut off the outter bushing and as much rubber as i could and then started grinding the bushing/bolt to a square and then just used a open end wrench and simply screwed out the bolt that way... and the other end of the adjuster was even more of a PITA.... but was able to cut it out and then weld a nut onto the tip of the bolt and simply screw it out....

so all and all.... AT LEAST ITS ALMOST DONE.LOL just have to simply put the new bolts in with AMPLE ANTI-SEIZE on all the bolts.LOL and then jack the front up and remove the upper arms and just wait by the mailbox for my new adjustable upper arms... and those should be a BREEZE TO INSTAL!!!!!!
as long as the passenger side joints arent seized.... and well knowing my luck lately... but at least i know the drivers side wont be a problem since its brand new.

i bought some blue front adjustable WICKED arms since red just sticks out to much for my liking... and as soon as i get them ill fab up some square washers for the adjusting bolts and pop them ON and then take the car back to midas for the alignment to be redone.

AND after it gets a good alignment...... then i can pay off a few bills alittle bit... then buy a new cat converter to try and quite down the exaust alittle.... which it SHOULD... and then im gonna take a break working on the car.... for awhile and try to pay off my bills. and around spring ill start working on the body work and paint... ive just spent ALOT more money than i thought i would on this car to quickly and need to get my bills right....

Old 11-11-2007, 10:00 AM
March 2010 ROTM

Its really going to suck when you go to upgrade your suspension in the spring!!!

Old 11-11-2007, 11:37 AM
Recognized HCF Member

not at all... all new adjusters all ready to go! im looking towards the future of layen it low lower than my black civic thats for sure but im gonna rock some ground controls so i can slam it down for spring weather, and lift it up for winter driving!

hell i might even make notes of the alignement locations of the bolts so i can preaty much do it myself every season when i change the suspension..... should be all gravy [8D]

only thing ill MOST LIKELY have to do is press out the lca strut bushings and replace those with new bushing thier but the outter two came off no problems. and again i ANTI-SEIZED THE CRAP OUTTA THEM. LMFAO they beter not stick.LOL

hopefully dealership will get my new TOE bolts in quickly so i can bolt the new adjusters inplace. stupid backordered bolts
wensday i SHOULD get my front adjustable upper control arms and ill be able to pop them on the car preaty quickly and then take down for a REDUE alignment [8D] free of course can the manager gguy was realy cool about it cause i had so many problems with it.LOL

Quick Reply: RE: 9-06-07 project civic PAGE 21 train horn installed