Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

RE: 9-06-07 project civic PAGE 21 train horn installed

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 10:25 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: 9-06-07 project civic geting back to stock and modest.

Stock green FTMFW!

Old 10-11-2007, 12:58 PM
March 2010 ROTM

Ive got stock green and dont like it much. There are about 10 million green civic here. Thats another reason im painting burnt orange in the spring. Plus clear coats being gay and starting to come off on passenger door now.

Old 10-11-2007, 01:27 PM
HCF Member

well the stock green hes is talking about i think is the other green which is different than ours plethoric, but i think both greens own IMO.

Old 10-11-2007, 02:09 PM
Recognized HCF Member

ya im gonna paint it the stock green... same color thats in the door jams and such......

its a preaty nice green id say.... the dark green i dont care for to much BUT this light green i think looks nice.

i woulda bought some new door hinges BUT WOW like 38bucks for EACH HINGE... WOW THAT SUCKS!
stupid why they cannt be like cars and just take pins and bushings! ive done dozens of chevys. DIRT CHEAP AND EASY TO DO! but DANG like 80bucks for just one door. THAT SUCKS!
so just cannt buy them until next week! gotta pay cable bill and buy those parts for the civic tomorow!

tho LUCKELY i didnt bounce my checking account YEAAAAAAA!!!!!!!! shew CLOSE CALL! hahahaha

BUT i did buy some carpet cleaner and stuff so i can clean the seats and seat belts...
and also bought some new pedal covers to match my 99. for 9bucks at autozone ya cannt beat that!

tho one thing about the seats.... I THINK it isnt level! just feels like im leaning towards the shifter more!
plus i realy need a arm rest as well.LOL im so used to it in my 99 that will also be on the future list.LOL

and im still geting used to the clutch..... i keep geting the car JUMPING in 1st.... SUCKS cause springs are so stiff it jumps the whole car which inturn pushes my foot ON and OFF the gas pedal making it worse... and that just makes it look like im stupid.LOL
i just cannt get used to the clutch in 1st....
with a cable driven clutch it was REALY EASY to learn that sweet spot! this hydrolic clutch needs some work i guess.... might be because i need to bleed the system still....its fluid was way low. im just tired of working late and just want to chill lately......

and this muffler is geting old VERY FAST!!!!!! highway cruising sucks! at least in my 99 i could just pump up my stereo BUT with the weak stereo in the 94 it just sucks.lol
plus i miss my satalit radio and bass!

Old 10-11-2007, 08:43 PM

congrats on getting it up and running
great thread!

Old 10-11-2007, 08:52 PM
HCF Member

lol jesus christ, i dont think a project car is supposed to get finished in about a week? most ppl spend months on thing you do in a couple of hours ona freeweekend lol

Old 10-12-2007, 01:34 AM
Recognized HCF Member

o well the cars definatly not done.LOL
still needs more work...

stock springs needed, door hinges, alot of body work and paint! carpet, misc interior pieces....

the body work is gonna take the longest i know that for sure!
main reason why im picking up some parts for the civic today. fenders, trunk lid, drivers door, taillights, sunroof. i dont need half of it BUT for only 100bucks ITS A STEAL!!!!!! i pick up thaht stuff later tonight after work

Old 10-12-2007, 02:17 AM

Well you did a nice job on the 99 so as long as you take your time on this project you should have no problems. The only thing I would have suggested is painting the engine bay when you paint the rest of the car. It's gonna look weird with burnt orange on the outside and that stock color under the hood. But other than that looks like it's coming along nicely...good luck bro!

Old 10-12-2007, 12:26 PM
Recognized HCF Member

im not doing orange.LOL thats the other guy....
im painting it back stock green to match the door jams.LOL

just bought the fenders, trunk lid, taillights, and drivers door
tho forgot about the sunroof... ill just email the guy and make sure he has it... he had to dig around to find these parts so he forgot and i forgot about the sunroof.LOL but no big deal i dont need it tho... id just like to get it since the douche painted the black rubber blue... and the tint on the whole car is messed up!
realy old tint bubbled scraped up and clouded and turned purple. total crap!

Old 10-27-2007, 04:54 PM
Recognized HCF Member

well got some new corners for the civic awhile back BUT they werent that style i wanted.. or expected. BUT good thing i got my money back from the seller SO FREE CORNERS ill rock em... hahahhaha
before

after

well lately ive swaped suspensions with a friends 95civic
he wanted lowered and i wanted stock height for WINTER DRIVING. so it worked out well.

BYE BYE lowered

now back to using stock struts and springs....
STUPID SIEZED bolt/bushings!!!!

and after the stockers.... subtract 12inches from measurement cause my measuring tape is cut short 12inches on the end.LOL

it now looks like a monster truck.... BUT should clear the snow beter for this winter driving!
just need to go get an alignment now...

ive also desiged to instead of using tax check for RSR exaust im going to use that money to buy some KONI yellows along with GROUND CONTROLS adjustable coilovers...... THAT WAY i can drop it down for spring/summer/fall... and then LIFT it back up high as i can for WINTER driving....

i also sat down with all the receites i have and so far....
i have $1,300bucks in this car.
so i think ive done preaty good on this car so far!
car BOOKS KBB.com
Excellent [/align] $2,975 [/align]
Good [/align] $2,595 [/align]
Fair [/align] $2,130

so even with the crapy paint its still worth almost twice what ive paid so far so thats a plus!

Quick Reply: RE: 9-06-07 project civic PAGE 21 train horn installed