Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

projection lights?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 08:07 PM
Default projection lights?

I have stock headlights on a 98 civic and was wondering how good projection lights were...I have done a little bit of research and this seems to be the best headlight (projection) but i have not idea on what to get or how much to spend. anyone have any ideas?

Old 01-29-2008, 08:39 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: projection lights?

Its up to you. Projectors look nice, but the light output sucks

Old 01-29-2008, 09:02 PM
HCF Member

are projection halos the same thing? "angel eyes"? cuz if so, they are freakin super bright for me, they were a big improvement from my stock ones.... and also i dont mean to thread jack but how can i go about adjusting them? ( i get complaints from other drivers lol)

Old 01-29-2008, 09:36 PM
HCF Member

I have heard mutiple things. From what I gather there are good and bad brands just like everything else in life. There are people who buy a "not so good" projector and then replace/upgrade the bulbs to something that is. But that normally requries re-witing and more work that they intended to do when they bought the projector.

I too am interested in getting a set of projectors, but I'm not in it so much for the looks as I am for their ability to light things up better then my stock lenses. It's nice to be able to see at night If anyone knows of a good brand that accomplishes this please let us know.

Old 01-29-2008, 09:38 PM
HCF Member

Angel eyes are the ring around the light (also known as halos)
Well if you really want projectors, try to stay away from ebay.

Old 01-29-2008, 10:47 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: cyberx32

Its up to you. Projectors look nice, but the light output sucks
I agree...When I purchase my Si it came with projectors head-lights man they suck and plus they are a pain in the azz to adjust.[:@]....I took them off in less than a week, I regret it I should of kept those head-lights a retro fit them..Now that would of looked sick.

I just purchase some clear jdm EK Sir head-lights with an Hid Kit bulbs 8k. I adjusted them so I won't blind drivers and look freaking awesome.

Old 01-30-2008, 09:21 AM
HCF Member

Ok so your saying you purchased a bad set of projectors but modded the lights so that they are functional.

Could you then, for our sakes, specify whichbrand projector lensyou bought, which lights/HID kityou put in them to make them functional? Alsothe cost of doing this would be good to know too.

Thanks

Old 01-30-2008, 06:51 PM
HCF Member

I got rid of my projector lights...I basically trashed them..I should of just kept the to retrofit them instead....But I didn't..Projectors came on the car when I PURCHASE IT..
Instead like I said I purchase some JDM Stanley CLEAR headlights (OEM Honda). Those headlights cost me about 250.00 with shipping they areExactly like OEM except without the Amber plastic on the corner lights. My His kit Kit ran me about 160.00

This are the JDM headlights from Honda...Since you don't know what Ek JDM head lights are.

Old 01-30-2008, 07:01 PM
HCF Member

i love my projectors, the light output was better than stock and omg they look sexy on my car. i do however plan on throwing some hids into them.

Old 01-31-2008, 09:27 AM
HCF Member

I didn't know JDM = Honda. I thought JDM meant Japanese Domestic Market, for all parts that are created in Japan by Japanese Auto Manufacturers. Although the EK prefix should have been intuitive. I am nub... sorry

But thanks for posting that info, clears things up and lets me know how much I will need to spend. $400 is not too bad.

Quick Reply: projection lights?