Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

Problem with lighting-Halo

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2006, 05:12 PM
Default Problem with lighting-Halo

I'm having a frustrating problem with hooking up my lights. When I hook up the high beam, only one light comes one with the Halo. Then the low beams have no halos at all. If I swicth it around then I get Halo with low beam but Projector by it self as a high beam. Shouldn't the Halo turn on with both high beam and low beam? And shouldn't the high beam have all the lights on? Iv'e seen that Mill$Civic has his Halos on by them selves. Can anyone help me?

[IMG]local://upfiles/13157/9B1506547896470488C6CED55C23F72C.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/13157/9E8884EEB35846BF9938CCC53ACC7567.jpg[/IMG]

Old 08-08-2006, 05:27 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Problem with lighting-Halo

well first...if you have the highbeams on, all the lights shouldent be on..just your high beams

and it sounds like you wired in your halos with your headlights, take the wires for the halos and wire them in by themselfs to a switch, this way you can turn them on and off whenever you want

Old 08-08-2006, 05:28 PM

Should I place them with ground and all to the plug?

Old 08-08-2006, 07:01 PM

if you wire the halo's to the running light they will be on once the running lights are turned on and thus be on with high or low beam. Or like Mill said rig up a switch.......

And unless you modify the wiring you'll only get high or low beams when the head lights are turned on.

Old 08-08-2006, 07:23 PM
HCF Member

umm im not sure..but heres how i hooked up my halos and tell people to hook up theres, any other questions just ask

your gunna need a switch,and some wire the same size as the wire coming out of your halos..or a little bit bigger, dosent matter..first find a place to put your switch inside your car..i put mine in the place of the 3 little squars under where the **** is to audjust the briteness of the gauges is, cuz i have nother there, (by the way i got a 2000 civic)..so the wires coming out of the halos, the black ones just ground thos, what i did was put a loop connecter on the end the the black wires and grounded them with were i put the screws to hold the headlight in place,this way its close and you dont have to extend the wires..now for the red wires, you want enoph wire to reach through the firewall and to your switch, so cut a piece of wire that long...once you have it cut, connect the wire to the red
wire coming from the halos, you can solder it toughter or just crimp it, or twist them toughter and put electrical tape around it, now you want to run the wire through the fire wall ( theres a hole in my year car under the battery tray were all the computer wires come through, cut a hole in the rubber garmit and run the wire through, there are many holes,you just got to get dirty and look around, oh and if u cut the rubber garmit thing,make only a little hole, and put plenty of duck tape around it after to seal it up) ..so once it got it through, just run it alone the inside and to your switch and hook it up to the prong on the switch, its very easy to hide the wire after you have it connected...ok now the last step..to bring power to the switch (thus to your halos), you need to get another piece of wire( the same size as the
other wire) and connect it to the other prong on the switch and run that through the fire wall (the hole that you already made) and connect it to the positve terminal on the battery..before you connect it to the battey, you want to buy a inline fuse and about a 1 amp fuse(thats what i put in mine,you can probably put a smaller one) ,the little fuses with the 2 prongs that u plug in,you no what im talking about .....there cheap,about 5 dollers for everything..and thats it, it will work

Old 08-08-2006, 07:54 PM
HCF Member

Just as a side note in reference to BlackDX: I don't recommened running the high and low beam bulbs at the same time... it would light nicely but would put a heavy load on the light switch.

Old 08-08-2006, 07:56 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: mill$civic

oh and if u cut the rubber garmit thing,make only a little hole, and put plenty of duck tape around it after to seal it up

LOL @ duct tape. Spelling is pretty good too.

Old 08-08-2006, 08:43 PM

problem solved, wire you halos to the parking lights, boom halos will always be on with any lights. no need to install a switch. and thats that.

but be careful which wires you hook up cuz if you hook the halos to the wrong wire, then ur halos will blink when you hit the turn signals too.

Old 08-08-2006, 09:05 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: pWnEdU

ORIGINAL: mill$civic

oh and if u cut the rubber garmit thing,make only a little hole, and put plenty of duck tape around it after to seal it up

LOL @ duct tape. Spelling is pretty good too.
i havent read that in a wile,i just have it saved for all the people who e-mail me (alot)..i should re-write it tho..my spelling is pretty bad when i dont take care

Old 08-08-2006, 09:53 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: psychocivic

problem solved, wire you halos to the parking lights, boom halos will always be on with any lights. no need to install a switch. and thats that.

but be careful which wires you hook up cuz if you hook the halos to the wrong wire, then ur halos will blink when you hit the turn signals too.
I wired mine to my constants. So, when the parking light comes on, the halos come on. When the blinker blinks, the halos don't blink they just stay on constant. (that would look kinda stupid) I didn't feel like wiring the halos to a dedicated switch, although that is ideal...

Quick Reply: Problem with lighting-Halo