Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

prjector headlights

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 06:58 PM
HCF Member
Default prjector headlights

where is the best place to buy projector headlights? i look on ebay every once in awhile, but truthfully, if im gonna drop $200 for a pair of headlights, id rather pay $250 for the assurance that what i am getting will not be ****. i am looking for projector headlights with the black housing. thanks

Old 02-28-2007, 08:05 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: prjector headlights

Ebay ftw, you probably wont regret it.

Just seal them up with silicone so no moisture gets in.

Old 02-28-2007, 09:23 PM
HCF Member

haha ive seen FTW a million times but what does it mean

Old 02-28-2007, 10:04 PM
Super Cereal Admin

For The Win

anyway, ebay headlights should be fine... just make sure you seal 'em up... if you don't wanna go through ebay, try places like http://www.procarparts.com/,... got my black 1-piece projectors there last summer, and I gotta say, I love the things! No problems so far

Old 02-28-2007, 10:32 PM

Make sure to ask the seller which bulb the low beam uses, from what I've seen the H1 projectors are a better and higher quality design than the H3 bulbs. I can say for sure the H3 units suck....

Old 03-01-2007, 05:14 AM
June 2010 ROTM

Not to sound like a broken record, but yeah, reseal the housing with even more silicone. Also, if you get projectors with halos be very VERY careful. Ther LEDs that come with the halos are cheap. Make sure you don't reverse the polarity. You may need some resistors and diodes to ensure that the LED won't break. Just an example of how crappy the LEDs are, I wired the halos to my parking light wire so that they would come on with the parking light, obviously. After two weeks one halo broke and another started to flicker. I had to disconnect all of them to not look like a douche. Otherwise the projectors are everything I could ask for. Oh, I got them off of eBay, made by SONAR.

Old 03-01-2007, 07:35 AM
HCF Member

I bought mine off ebay, I can tell you the vendor if you want to order from them, got them in about a week, they sold the black housing version also. Mine came with H1 bulbs installed, which i swapped for silverstars not long after. They are holding up pretty well, didn't even seal them yet, no noticeable moisture inside.

and I think FTW is a gaming thing. Not sure, but when I was a hard core gamer it started getting huge. That and woot.

Old 03-01-2007, 02:28 PM
HCF Member

I got mine from e-bay, two summers (just summers) later and they are still good, I sealed them as soon as I got them. Some people have problems tho, just make sure your buying from a good comapany.

Old 03-01-2007, 03:33 PM
HCF Member

My ebay projectors lasted 4 months before the halos (that didnt ever match colors in the first place) burned out... that is my luck with anything on a 7th gen

Old 03-01-2007, 05:27 PM

I've got my halo's wired so they come on with the parking lights and when the low beam is off, but once you turn the lowbeams on the halo's shut off. I've been running these lights for well over 2 years this way and the halo's are still glowing....

Quick Reply: prjector headlights