Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

PNP Hid kit for '98 EX... glare?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 02:00 AM

Originally Posted by kloan
Why is chrome 'gay'?? Just about every car on the market that has OEM HIDs has chrome housings!
There's a big difference between cheap-looking fake chrome and the "high quality" fake chrome found on OEM fake chrome parts.

You like the color temp, but you like the way they illuminate the road.

HMM

Which color temp is it you like exactly?

Old 07-29-2009, 02:22 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by trustdestruction
There's a big difference between cheap-looking fake chrome and the "high quality" fake chrome found on OEM fake chrome parts.

You like the color temp, but you like the way they illuminate the road.

HMM

Which color temp is it you like exactly?
Yeah, I get that.. I'm avoiding the cheap looking ones.. like the ones with weird shapes in them, or extra LEDs, etc. I thought the ones I linked to looked good though.

I like the colour temp.. 6000k. I often get distracted by the blueish looking ones, so I prefer 6000k.. a slight, slight hint of blue is nice though I'm not sure I get that with 6000k.

I've driven cars that had stock HIDs (BMW 1 series for example), and I absolutely loved how they illuminated the road so much better than halogens. If I'm going to spend $60+ on Nokya bulbs, I feel I may as well go and spend another $100 or so and get projectors, then at least I've got something that's going to light up the road better.

See, the thing is I'm used to the way older cars headlights light up the road. I've had an '84 Rabbit, '96 MX3, '93 MX6, '92 Prelude and none of them lit up the road well enough for me to see. I haven't done any night driving in the country with this car yet, so maybe the reflective housings are more efficient and I would be happy with upgrading just the bulbs.. but honestly, I really like the look of projectors and the light HIDs produce.

It'd be nice to see some pics of various installations of these aftermarket projector assemblies. I'll do some searching, see if I can get a better idea of how my car would look with them installed. Last thing I want is to make my car look ricey.

Anyway, I realize now PnP is not the way to go. It'll most likely be an aftermarket projector kit.. so I'll start a new thread asking questions about that and bug you guys some more for info...

Last edited by kloan; 07-29-2009 at 02:34 AM.
Old 07-29-2009, 09:12 AM
HCF Member

remember aftermarket projector headlight kills the light output. putting HID's into the projectors would not be as bright as putting them into stock headlights. i would say it killed the light output by half

Old 07-29-2009, 01:36 PM
HCF Member

oh really? hmm, that's no good.

Old 07-29-2009, 01:56 PM
HCF Member

i had a 6000k pnp kit in my eg with stock housings and i adjusted them not to blind people
i never had anyone flash their lights at me because i was blinding them and i even had my dad drive his car at my car to check he said they weren't blinding at all
i absolutely loved them they were super bright and looked so sexy
mine were the full digital bixenons from retro-solutions

Old 07-29-2009, 02:33 PM
HCF Member

Right on man, thanks for the input. I'm looking at their kits now... so far, they seem like the best option for me. I'm looking at this kit:
http://www.retrosolutionsllc.com/ser...VERSION/Detail

Did you notice any hint of blue from them?

Old 07-29-2009, 02:35 PM
HCF Member

i really loved them and completly recomend them
the 6000k bulbs had the tiniest hint of blue but not enough to lessen light output or be annoying
btw pm me if you decide to order from them

Old 07-29-2009, 02:40 PM
HCF Member

and the kit youre looking at is the exact same one i had

^thats what it looks like
lol im pic happy today

Old 07-29-2009, 03:25 PM
HCF Member

damn, just had another look at my headlights.. the housings are starting to get hazy..

looks like i'm gonna have to re-evaluate what i'm going to do.

these would be a nice replacement:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda...Q5fAccessories

along with the bixenon kit...

or i could just get the black projectors w/ hid included and hope it works out ok.. that would be a much cheaper option. only thing with that is, how does the wiring work to convert H4/9003 over to whatever the projectors use? they separate the hi/low..

Last edited by kloan; 07-29-2009 at 03:28 PM.
Old 07-29-2009, 03:30 PM
HCF Member

you could just clean your housings ive seen a diy floating around just google it
or pick up a kit from autozone ive heard they work

Quick Reply: PNP Hid kit for '98 EX... glare?