Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

painting my calipers soon

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2005, 05:29 PM
Default painting my calipers soon

i bought this duplicolor caliper paint and it comes with cleaner and everything you need. i wont be able to do it for a wile so i was wondering if anyone else has done this? if so i can use some pointers cause i have never painted a caliper before. \

thanks

Old 10-11-2005, 06:22 PM
Default RE: painting my calipers soon

hmm never heard of anyone doing them...when you're done take some pics and put up a diy

Old 10-11-2005, 07:48 PM

You can either do it with the calipers on or off. With the calipers on, be sure to cover up the rotors good so you don't get any overspray on em. Calipers off, you just make sure not to get anything on the pads.

Make sure you thoroughly clean the rust or anything else off of the outside of the calipers before you paint, and then paint with several thin coats so that it dries faster.

Old 10-11-2005, 08:27 PM
HCF Member

i did mine not to long ago. in my gallery theres some pictures of me doing it. for the front ones i took the caliper off and just make sure you cover everything. for the back i couldnt get them off so i just taped even better. there arent any pictures of the front ones cause i had already re assembled the front when i realized that i should have taken pictures but there are some of the back. its not that hard. just remember that a lot of thin coats looks better than one thick coat.

Old 10-11-2005, 09:30 PM
HCF Member

http://www.modacar.com/products/Hond...ch+Front+.html

^^ i would just go out and spend a few more dollers and get somthing like that..already painted and ready to go ...

haha, ya right a few more dollers[sm=bs.gif]

when i get my rims in the spring i think i might paint mine too depending how crappy the little brakes look, post some pics of the process and how it goes..mabey u can do a DIY and get it put in the diy section..goodluck...one day ill be able to get thos ^ brakes[sm=drooldude.gif]

Old 10-11-2005, 10:01 PM

ORIGINAL: mill$civic

http://www.modacar.com/products/Hond...ch+Front+.html

^^ i would just go out and spend a few more dollers and get somthing like that..already painted and ready to go ...

haha, ya right a few more dollers[sm=bs.gif]

when i get my rims in the spring i think i might paint mine too depending how crappy the little brakes look, post some pics of the process and how it goes..mabey u can do a DIY and get it put in the diy section..goodluck...one day ill be able to get thos ^ brakes[sm=drooldude.gif]
he dosent need a whole brake kit just calipers....you could find some calipers already painted for pretty cheap...id go that way

Old 10-11-2005, 10:28 PM

just cover the brake pad and rotors and w/e else near it and paint it. the one i used wasnt a spray, i used a paint brush and put 3 coats on. when u put on coat on one side, do the other side while its drying, it'll make things go faster. good luck. post some pics if u can.

Old 10-11-2005, 11:02 PM
mxs
HCF Member

I did this recently with the G2 kit, I think it's basically the same thing. Just follow the directions Click on the "DIY" link in my sig to see the pictures. I was going to write one up but I haven't gotten to it yet

Old 10-12-2005, 08:59 AM
HCF Member

i no he dosent need the hole brake kit ..im just saying it would be nice ( i was just playing around[sm=smiley20.gif])

Old 10-12-2005, 09:57 AM

yeah it would be nice to get a whole new brake kit... but i had 15 bucks so i was like.... hell yeah im going to do this. i havent had time to do it yet. but i will deffinatly do a diy report. the kit i bought i saw it on 2 guys garage. its a duplicolor kit. it comes with paint, masking tape, caliper cleaner, a brush and a paint stir. its not a spray on aplication,but when i saw this on tv i figured if im carefull it will look good. can anyone do a photo shop of how they would look? i got red. there are pics in my gallerie.

thanks

Quick Reply: painting my calipers soon