Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

Painted headliner possible?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2010, 01:19 PM
Post Painted headliner possible?

So I just bought my first Honda a few weeks ago. The interior is in pretty good shape for its age. However the headliner is sagged and the sunvisors look like crap. I have already pulled the headliner out and the material off. I still need to drop out the sunroof to get the panel out. I just got this crazy idea to paint the cardboard headliner instead of recovering it with fabric. Im not sure how it would turn out but I thought about using some graphite colored texture spray. I though about this since theres not anywhere close around me that does headliners. I know I can get the material and do it myself but Im a elcheapo and would rather spend money on something else. So whats everyones opinion on how this would look or work.

Old 07-18-2010, 11:19 AM

if you are going to go the route of doing something completely different and painting it i would just fiberglass it and paint it nice to make it all smooth and clean looking. i even had the idea of taking mine and having it airbrushed by a guy up here that does that. then spray a clear coat over that and your good to go. i have my own business doing auto upholstery so i was going to have a logo with my business name done on it. keeping it clean and simple is key to a nice looking interior. when multiple colors and large amounts of painting happen in an interior, it can really ruin it. post pics when you do what you do tho.