Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

OK fenders rolled. ;) waiting for rims now! 2more days :D

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 08:09 AM
Recognized HCF Member
Default RE: OK fenders rolled. ;) waiting for rims now! 2more days :D

steelies ftw, good job on doing the fender rolling right man

Old 07-23-2007, 08:45 AM

ORIGINAL: BX_Civic

Good luck on getting your rims today. If your close to me i would gladly pay you to roll my fenders.

Im on 17*7's 205/40/17's and stock suspension. I do not rub at all right now but am thinking of going with a .75 drop and some 215's to get some more side wall and may need to roll the fenders top get it all to fit.
I'm dropped about 2 inches on the same size tires and I only rub when there's 4 people in my car

Old 07-23-2007, 12:57 PM
Recognized HCF Member

WELL...........[sm=icon_flaming.gif][sm=redx.gif][sm=sigh.gif][sm=signs006.gif][sm=violin.gif]

NO LUCK i just know IM PISSED!!!!!!
they said they didnt get them in today and the tracking number for them say tuesday NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

this day is going ALL WRONG!!!!!!
this morning going to work... alls fine... THEN i get onto another interstate and THEN see a cloud being kicked up under my car from the rear ............... pull off the next interstate and im preaty close to work.... thought about geting it to work and then checking it out... well stop light was RED.... and a few seconds after i stoped THE OIL LIGHT CAME ON..... O SH*T!!!!!!!!!! so KILLED THE MOTOR ASAP... and pushed it back off the side of the exit ramp... and see A BUNCH of oil dripping ALL DOWN THE CAR FROM UNDERNEITH!!!!!!!!
im like O CRAP... WTF....... i changed my oil 2 days ago and didnt see any leaks or smeels or smoking....
and keep in mind its 6am... so its still dark out and my flashing light is JUST about dead!

well in short... call my dad to bring the jack and tools and OIL...... hoping it was just the oil plug or oil filter came loose.... and well it ended up being the oil filter!!!!!!!!
when i changed the oil and oil filter saturday i just pulled the old filter off and just stuck up the new filter... after oiling the seal of course..... and after removing the oil filter cause i saw some rubber sticking out thinking the seal just blew out... pull the filter out look at it... LOOKS OK.... so then look to get that torn seal out.... THE OLD SEAL STUCK ON THE BLOCK..... so it had 2 SEALS on it..... DOPE!!!!!!!!! pulled off the busted seal and stuck the good one on the filter and just tightened it back down and filled the oil up........... and started it up for awhile and let it idle for awhile.... no noises and still runs smoothly..
so HOPEFULLY I DIDNT DAMAGE ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!

and after i parked it at work... this is what the spot looked like when i got off work. LMFAO

thats just from the oil that was under my car driping off at work....LOL
needless to say... people at work wont be happy. LMFAO

then took my car thru mikes express car wash and got the WORKS to knock off most the remaining oil under the car......
and i think it took most of it off......
i gotta pull the car out in the shop later tonight and clean up some of my underbody lights... and ill check out the botom....

AND WELL HOPEFULLY i wont run into any more problems and my rims will come in tomorow and tomrow will be a good day!

Old 07-23-2007, 01:09 PM

nice job on the fenders. i didn't have to roll mine til i got 19's sux that u had to buy the tool should've just grinded them off. atleast u can use a grinder for other things.

Old 07-23-2007, 01:12 PM
HCF Member

Im glad it was not something worse and just a silly mistake of leaving that other seal on.

I wish being able to work on my own car. Sucks living in a APT complex.

Old 07-23-2007, 01:12 PM
HCF Member

oh **** man that sucks! but good luck for gettin them in tomorow im waitn to see haha whta color?

Old 07-23-2007, 01:22 PM
Recognized HCF Member

well problem with just CUTTING off the inner lip is the sharp edge..... with this tool i can roll the tip of the lip UPand inward... then roll the lip even more... so now thiers no sharp lip... all rounded out preaty good... BUT my camera wont take a picture that close.LOL so i cannt realy show ya to well.....

but with them rolled i think if the tire does rub..... at least it wont SLICE into the tire like a hot knife thru butter!!!!!

Old 07-23-2007, 01:30 PM
Recognized HCF Member

ORIGINAL: BX_Civic

Im glad it was not something worse and just a silly mistake of leaving that other seal on.

I wish being able to work on my own car. Sucks living in a APT complex.
ya LUCKELY as soon as the light turned on i shut her down and i was just at idle when it came on as well....

BUT I KNOW ONE THING!!!!!!! MY NEXT PURCHASE WILL BE A dual gauge pod in the gauge cluster...
OIL PRESSURE UNIT AND VOLTAGE DISPLAY.... the 2 MAIN instruments i NEED/WANT TO LOOK AT MORE DETAILED!!!!!!

how much oil pressure PSI does a honda D16y8 suposed to have?

Old 07-23-2007, 01:35 PM

yea but u shouldn't even rub with 17's unless u got the wrong tires. i never sliced my 19's u file it down after u cut it...

Old 07-23-2007, 01:40 PM
Recognized HCF Member

well as you can see from those black 17s i pictured it was VERY CLOSE.....
they had the right tire size... 205-40-17s.... and 40mm offset......
and then again im lowered some and not willing to run negative camber.....

Quick Reply: OK fenders rolled. ;) waiting for rims now! 2more days :D