Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

New rims/tires. :D

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2008, 12:18 PM
HCF Member
Default New rims/tires. :D

Well, I finally got my 17" rims/tires from Wheelmax, with a good deal too.. They wanted to charge me $850, but I got them down to $750 easy. Just got done putting them on and took them for a spin, the only thing I hate is how my Civic is higher off the ground now, and it bugs the hell out of me[:'(]. But, getting Tein Coilvers are expensive right now, and I guess a drop could wait[>:].

Rims are Exel GTS, and tires are Toyo Proxes 4, which I love, they ride so nice. Notice in one picture, my car needs a drop badly, it just doesn't look right with that wheel gap lol.. Anyways, heres some pictures.

Name:  Rims1.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  26.4 KB

Name:  Rims2.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  40.7 KB

Name:  Rims3.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  57.4 KB

Name:  Rims4.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  56.0 KB

(Its raining here in Illinois, so thats why the car and rims are wet, my one friend though the lip was all scratched up.. Haha >_>.)

Old 04-18-2008, 01:39 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: New rims/tires. :D

wash those brake covers, whatever they're called. I put tire shine on my rear drum brake cover and it stays gloss black

just be sure to wash/wipe them down first, maybe brake cleaner can get rid of some of that rust.

I was going to stick with black magic tire shine, but I'm trying their other tire stuff, supposedly keeps a clean look without dirt sticking to the tires.

Old 04-18-2008, 04:02 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: inthezoneac

wash those brake covers, whatever they're called. I put tire shine on my rear drum brake cover and it stays gloss black

just be sure to wash/wipe them down first, maybe brake cleaner can get rid of some of that rust.

I was going to stick with black magic tire shine, but I'm trying their other tire stuff, supposedly keeps a clean look without dirt sticking to the tires.

i dont think he came here to get opinions on his "brake covers" btw they are called drums. The car looks good but a drop will compliment it so much better

Old 04-18-2008, 04:29 PM
Snail'n Admin

4x4 CIVIC FTW!!!! look good bro. koni yellows and ground controls!

Old 04-18-2008, 08:11 PM
HCF Member

Inthezoneac, yeah.. I did notice they are kinda dirty :P. Well, with my hubcaps and stuff, I couldn't really see them. But thanks for the suggestion, i'll have th try that.

PREKGSR, yeah.. I don't want to get springs, i'd rather get coilovers for the adjustablity and in winter, so I can raise it up again. I know if I got springs, i'd probably have to upgrade the shocks/struts too...

GReddy_Civic, thanks.. :P Haha funny thing too, my driver side has mud all over it, you can tell in the first pic. It looks like I went mudding XD. Koni Yellows and ground control sleeves huh..? I'll have to look into that, it'll save me a few hundred bucks. But would it be better then getting Tein Coilovers?

Old 04-19-2008, 07:47 AM
HCF Member

for the drums, washing metal and coating it with some spray doesn't remove surface rust.

Old 04-19-2008, 07:50 PM
March 2010 ROTM

Even if you get coilovers...youll still need new shocks if you plan on going lower than 2 inches.

Old 04-21-2008, 07:16 AM
HCF Member

Mmm.. Well, my next mod is going either going to be a Kaminari spoiler, or a drop.. My uncle's friend owns a shop, so he said he could do it for me if I bought him a case a beer and paid for the paint lol.

But, I know Tien coilovers are pretty good (from what I hear), then again.. I hear nothing but great reviews from Ground Control/Koni Yellows.. I'll admit, adjusting the stiffness in the Koni's would be a nice feature. But, if I went for the drop, I could only afford the GC Coilovers right now (Since I just paid $800 for the new rims/tires). Would I be safe without the Koni Yellows for a while..? I mean, i'm only looking for about 1" or 1 1/2" drop, if that. I'll have to measure and see what I would want for sure.