Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

New ower wanting ideas

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2005, 03:44 PM
Default New ower wanting ideas

I rencently bought a 05 lx and was wondering if anyone could give me some tips on what maybe to do to the thing? I have already tinted the windows and have done the whole rims and tires thing so any other ideas would be great. really not looking to do anything to the motor just apperance stuff for now.

Old 09-13-2005, 04:34 PM
Default RE: New ower wanting ideas

congats on your new civic. you dont want to do anything mechanically cause it will void your warrenty. but i would keep it like it is until you are sick of going slow. couse you dont want to putt a body kit on it and make it look fast. cause that will give you alot of trouble and embaressment. fyi cops are like car jewlery magnets. keep it clean and truble free

Old 09-13-2005, 05:40 PM

very true... do you think anything like the chorme kit on the inside or maybe the little mud flap things would be a good idea? ive never seen one with either so im not for sure what they might look like on there.

Old 09-13-2005, 07:17 PM

[sm=welcomesign.gif] to HCF. [sm=groupwave.gif][sm=groupwave.gif][sm=groupwave.gif]

Old 09-13-2005, 07:24 PM
HCF Member

congats on your new civic. you dont want to do anything mechanically cause it will void your warrenty
Not necessarily true. Look into the specifics and fine print of your warranty agreement. I remember someone on here saying that if you do modify the engine and they void the warranty, they have to prove that it is damaging to the vehicles engine. Plus, it's VW, but my friend modded the crap out of his GTI and the dealership loves the guy because he had all of it professionally done. As far where to start on modding the LX if that's what you choose to do, breathing is where to start ie. intake, exhaust, etc. Short shifters are fun too! if you have a manual shift. Sway bars, strut tower bars. Asking about electric "superhcargers" brings bad karma just to give you a heads up. Others will give you more specifics on certain brands and what to do first and why. Engines aren't my fortay sadly. Best of luck and welcome to the party!

Old 09-14-2005, 11:43 AM
HCF Member

Yea, apparently its illegal for them to void the warrenty if you mod your car unless of course its the sole cause of the damage. BUT on the other hand, you turn your civic into a 400 hp beast, I dont think you would want to let your insurance company know.

Old 09-14-2005, 08:35 PM

You could put in a nice sound system. Maybe some racing seats(would wait till you beef up the motor a bit for that one). Glow gauges. Lip kits are nice.