Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

My new civic - please comment and give me ideas for mods.

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 09:20 PM
HCF Member

Oh those headlights I picked out don't even take bulbs, yeah scratch that. The ones you showed me, I can replace the bulb on those with the Nokya White bulbs right? I wish the headlights were a little darker/had more black. Hmm.

Old 09-04-2009, 09:22 PM

The projectors can look decent if you get simple ones with a simple design. The first projectors you posted are better than the second ones. I think projectors can look okay, but I prefer the look of reflector lens headlights. My opinion of the headlights isn't as bad as my opinion of the taillights or rims from your original post, if you know what I mean.

Surely they use bulbs. I am not sure what you mean by they don't take bulbs.

And yes, the reflector lens headlights can use Noyka bulbs. The projectors should be able to also, it will just be a different bulb size. You'd have to find out the bulb size when you receive the headlights if you decide to get the projectors.

Old 09-04-2009, 09:24 PM
HCF Member

the angel eye halo things, how does that work?

Old 09-04-2009, 09:28 PM
Angry Admin

vroom!

Old 09-04-2009, 09:30 PM
HCF Member

Seemed like a flourescent light bulb type thing.. I still might get the projectors, the 2nd ones are more expensive. I guess the first is better though.

Old 09-04-2009, 09:38 PM

The halos are an LED ring surrounding the projectors. The projectors are the high and low beams. They are separate from the halos. The halos are just auxiliary lights. They are wired up with just two wires, a positive and a negative. These wires will come out the back of the headlights. The easiest way to wire them up is to tap into the running lights, a.k.a. corner lights or turn signals. They will turn on when you have the parking lights or headlights on (so basically anytime the headlight switch is twisted into an on position). They won't flash with the turn signals though if you tap into the right positive wire. To explain how it works... on the turn signal bulb harness there are 3 wires. One is a ground and the other two are 12V wires. The turn signal bulbs are dual filament. When you turn the running lights or headlights on, one of the wires gets 12V and the bulb lights up via one filament. When the turn signal flashes, the other wire receives 12V and the other filament lights up in addition to the first filament. So basically when the turn signal is flashing, you are going back and forth between using one filament and two filaments. The wire you will want to tap into is the one that goes to the filament that stays lit the entire time, not the flashing filament. I can't remember the wire color off the top of my head.

Old 09-04-2009, 09:42 PM
HCF Member

I only have to do that with projector headlights? I found projectors in a name brand you like:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/96-97...=p4506.c0.m245

Old 09-04-2009, 09:48 PM

name brand???? I see no name brand

Old 09-04-2009, 09:55 PM
HCF Member

I guess im the only dude that cant figure out how the stupid clip deal works on headlights... Mine fell off. Now its rigged. I have one blue light and a regular white kinda one. Not trying to thread jack, but htf do those clips work.

Old 09-04-2009, 09:56 PM

brajj, start your own thread so we can start conversation about it without threadjacking

Quick Reply: My new civic - please comment and give me ideas for mods.