Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

My new civic - please comment and give me ideas for mods.

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 08:35 PM
HCF Member

aaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh this will be my last post in this thread....... I hope i dont get in trouble =[

OP I mildly dislike your style and your cardomain role models' style.

Your an elephant. You will get attention from high schoolers who know nothing about cars and how they work. Your slow POS civic isn't meant to look like a space ship you awesome person.

bold+underlined=edited

Hmmmm a role model for me?
Id say reaper is a good role model, he is one year older than me and is a beast with knowing everything on cars.

And as for style, next time I buy stuff for my car it will be almost purely OEM parts, aside from suspension.

I might have immature tastes, but that guys civic on cardomain is bad ***....

Originally Posted by Overurhead360
lol. <rant>

YOUR ROLE MODEL CAR LOOKS LIKE THE SPACESHIP MY LITTLE CUZIN FLYS IN HIS SPACE VIDEO GAME!

those types of mods are ugly, that body kit doesnt flow, and lambos dont even have vertical doors anymore... that must be saying something. not to bash, but honestly, if you want your car to look like that then this forum probably isnt the best place to try and get help, or attention, and definetly not the right place to obtain opinions anywhere near the same as yours. an fromthe looks of the neieborhood around your car in the pics, it looks liek you live in a decent "hood" lol. not some street gang place where big rims and chrome is the only way to stay alive. the stuff nike posted are nice, you can even leave the tails the way they are. and the headlights you can paint yourself. actually putting time and work into your car will tun heads, not soemthingflaming leik that.

</rant>
best thing to do, save all the money you get and plan on spending on anything, dont buy anythign for the car, put the money aside. keep pokeing around the net for a while, learn some stuff, GROW UP, and then spend the money in a more better way.
Overurhead.... you said exactly what I wanted to say but I just couldn't get it into words lol nice post [thumbs up] :P

Old 09-04-2009, 08:40 PM

Alright, here's what I have noticed. People just getting into the car modification tend to go through what is commonly referred to as the "ricer phase". I have witnessed quite a few people buy flashy stuff as soon as they get their car and later on grow sick of it and gain a cleaner taste in modifications.

The best way to avoid this phase and the wasteful spending it produces is to research your *** off until you have seen so many different types of the same modification that you have literally seen all of the choices and know exactly how they would look. Look at as many different modified cars as possible, both the clean ones and the flashy ones. Then start choosing what you want.

Old 09-04-2009, 08:43 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by NIKE H34D

Ill just show what I would get but our taste is completely different so take it or leave it.
[My Taste = Clean]
[Your Taste = Overdone and Flashy]

Tails

HeadLights

And as for rims....... motegi is my least favorite brand of rims. try looking at drag rims......

dicountiredirect.com is a good site to shop for rim+tire combo
Only way to go with headlights and taillights. couldn't have found anything better

Originally Posted by x1mpr0x
what you mean by Ricer. asian wannabes who put stickers and spoilers on there car. I like blacked out cars, that's it.
You got part of what ricers are. Not all asians, not sure about your area buy where i live 95% of the ricers are mexicans not asians. Ricers do put stickers and huge/ aluminum spoilers but also someone like you that wants to put on an outrageous/ overdone body kits, cheap looking altezza tails. Other things includes huge fart cans, neon lights all over the car, and some other ghetto stuff added to the car, for example putting a type r badge when your car is clearly not one.

and this is all i gotta say about the lambo doors

Old 09-04-2009, 08:47 PM
HCF Member

I should have been more specific, without the lambo doors. The bodykit looks good on it I think.. but I think I'd like a bumper lip just fine as well. It's the color that has me. But yeah.. maybe you guys have different tastes. That's fine, to each his own huh?

Quick question, which of the engines do I have? and which is the ideal engine I'd want to swap it with (the fastest obviously).. and which is the most economical fastest engine swap I could do? What would I be looking to pay for an engine swap?

Old 09-04-2009, 08:48 PM
Stinky Administrator

i thought this crap was going out of style. ebay headlights and tails=rice, lambo doors = rice, motegi and konig wheels = rice, take nike's advice and keep it clean.

Old 09-04-2009, 08:50 PM

What about these taillights? These have the clear part smoked.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DEPO-...ht_6804wt_1167

For your headlights, these are really clean looking. But they're black, so they look pretty neat.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/96-97...ht_3785wt_1167

Old 09-04-2009, 08:59 PM
HCF Member

Now THOSE tail lights I could rock, might look better if the red was smoked. But if I got those I'd have to get red matching somewhere in the car, maybe I should paint my erm.. what are they called? calipers? I think? maybe I should paint those red?.... or is that rice? I think it'll look nice.

or maybe I could get chrome ones? Also which wheel brand do you recommend?

And just to make it clear I do NOT want lambo doors on my honda civic.

Old 09-04-2009, 09:02 PM

Well, car taillights are red on pretty much all cars... so it's not like your car would look weird having red on your taillights.

Red calipers are kinda ricey IMO because EVERYONE does it, particularly that color. lol

I would not recommend chrome taillights. The black ones you originally picked out are better than faux-chrome. Chrome does not belong on a Civic unless it is a chrome lip on clean wheels.

Old 09-04-2009, 09:05 PM
HCF Member

Why are your headlights better than mine? The rings look very distinctive at night and I think they're brighter. I like yours just the same, as long as they're black. What makes them better though?

Old 09-04-2009, 09:17 PM

Projectors don't necessarily make the headlights brighter. I have had two sets of projectors on my old Civic. The first ones I had worked horribly, with horrible light output. They were also cheaply made and it showed. The second set I had had decent light output, but not much better. They were the most expensive projectors I could buy and they broke while adjusting the beam height. They were cheaply made too. I then went to OEM headlights and visibility was amazing.

If you are looking to make them have better output, look into these bulbs I use. They are called Nokya Cosmic White bulbs. They are a pure white, with a tiny hint of blue, and they light up the road great and look very clean. Much less expensive, than aftermarket HIDs, much less work, no extra wiring in your engine bay, more reliable, and are legal.

The halos on the headlights are way too played out, much like red calipers.

Quick Reply: My new civic - please comment and give me ideas for mods.