Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

more leds and strips for cluster and HAVAC controls.... pg 3 pics

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 11:14 AM
Recognized HCF Member
Default RE: JUST ORDERED. more leds and strips for cluster and HAVAC controls....

ORIGINAL: basbal123
how in the hell did you learn how to do all this stuff??
with anything.... ya just try it

im not saying soldering is hard...... it just sucks!
afew leds are ok BUT after so many solder joints and unsoldering..... well it sucks.LMFAO

its just one reason why if im not sure about something working i buy a spare and experiment with it before i touch my only part. [8D]

and that reminds me.... g2g get some of that dam solder remover crap!

o almost forgot..... im not doing all white... right now mine are blue BUT i want the temp section to be white so the color is true.... preaty much just like i have mine now BUT center being white

Name:  ACcontrols005.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  39.6 KB

Old 07-10-2007, 01:45 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: JUST ORDERED. more leds and strips for cluster and HAVAC controls....

so is that a pic of them blue?

Old 07-10-2007, 02:41 PM
Recognized HCF Member

ya thats how mine are now.... BUT i dont like the temp part being blue... and well ive redone my crapy solder joints even tho that was some hell geting all that solder crap out
BUT tweeked out good now. joints are alot cleaner. i also bought one of those quick solder guys so thats ALOT quicker than that cheap @ss 20buck stick style.LOL just have to wait between solders for it to cool BUT still easier!

and the green looks alittle dimmer BUT that was cause the led was bent when i took the picture... i just opened the case back up and slightly bent the led back straight so now its just as bright as the blues

Name:  DSC00062.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  16.4 KB

now i just have to start working on redoing the main climate control...
THO i should also say i was gonna do that backlighting on those buttons BUT NO WAY to get a even light flow! and one of the stock bulbs is bad so i just pulled both of those and said screw em...... the indicator lights are bright enough and color coded

Old 07-10-2007, 02:41 PM
HCF Member

yes, he just wants the red/blue temp control to be true colors rather than with a blue tint

Old 07-10-2007, 04:03 PM
Recognized HCF Member

ok well temp section preaty much done. tho i MIGHT have to redue it to my controls that are in my car now.... cause i didnt know that the face on these are scratched up alittle

id rather not have some face covers over them.... mainly cause i love a sleeper custom car

Name:  DSC000622.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  35.0 KB
Name:  DSC000632.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  33.7 KB
COMPARE WHICH ONES YOU LIKE its the little touches here and thier that i like to do to realy add up and make a difference.
Name:  ACcontrols005.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  39.6 KB

all thats left now is to pull my dash panel off and swap these around and solder afew wires to the board. but i forgot which terminal was positive and negative... BUT no problem... might do it thursday if its not to hot out that is!

BUT im still not sure if ill keep these or not since they have some scratches on the face but should be realy easy to just change my old one out! no HUGE deal...

now im just waiting for the cluster to come in the mail... should get it thursday. and i must say I HATE UPS they to dam slow.LOL
FedEX or USPS all the way!

Old 07-10-2007, 05:25 PM
HCF Member

so you are getting a new cluster and are going to change them out or are u just going to try the blue/ green thing? i like how you did it better this time. i keep telling myself im going to do mine but im just going to wait until i really start on my inside. such as seats, etc. im saving for engine now. good work!

Old 07-10-2007, 08:39 PM

Awesome man, that's a good idea. Everything looks great.

Old 07-10-2007, 11:08 PM
Recognized HCF Member

ya im geting a used cluster that im gonna cut out like i did my current gauges BUT this one will be more experimenting with mixen colors up a bit or full green... just messen around realy...

either way if i dont like the change i know i can always just sell the cluster and im sure i could make it worth my time $$ wise
BUT my experimenting first just to see how ill like it......