Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

momo steering wheel

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2008, 08:59 AM
Administrator - Formerly 90Civtegra

to help the OP with his question:

two reasons (one not to do it and one to do it)

One reason to do it: you can use a quick release hub to install which adds security to the car since Civics and Integras are the most stolen car in the US

One reason not do it: You lose your airbag, there is a reason EVERY car manufactured now comes with airbags, some vehicles even with up to 12 different airbags.

So with that said its pretty much up to you on to do it or not. My buddy did it on his 2000 Si mainly for the added security, I wont do it on my Integra because I dont want to lose my airbag.

Old 10-18-2008, 09:32 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by jprommel
Sadly enough natural selection no longer works. Just look at the retard running our country, if natural selection truly works a lion shouldve jumped out of a bush and been raorgghh! and eaten him. 0=] and actually studies show that if you brace yourself you actually suffer more damage than if your body were to be limp and relaxed.
yeah, i know what you mean. I was in a wreck with my mom in the car. I was in the back with my eyes closed and relaxed listening to music. And then my mom was alert and braced herself very tightly. After the wreck, I didn't feel a thing, I actually felt great like I just got through a stretch and a workout. My mom, on the other hand, suffered shoulder and neck pain. She's had to go through months of physical therapy as a result and shoulder surgery and lost a couple weeks of work in all. So yes, incorrectly bracing yourself is probably the worst.

P.s. all of this because of a stupid 16 year old kid in his little honda eg showing his little buddy how fast his piece of ish could go driving through traffic. That's why people tell others to take it to the track, so other people don't have to suffer for your mistakes.

sorry if it got off topic, i just thought i'd share.

Old 10-18-2008, 11:03 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by ej6buddy
yeah, i know what you mean. I was in a wreck with my mom in the car. I was in the back with my eyes closed and relaxed listening to music. And then my mom was alert and braced herself very tightly. After the wreck, I didn't feel a thing, I actually felt great like I just got through a stretch and a workout. My mom, on the other hand, suffered shoulder and neck pain. She's had to go through months of physical therapy as a result and shoulder surgery and lost a couple weeks of work in all. So yes, incorrectly bracing yourself is probably the worst.

P.s. all of this because of a stupid 16 year old kid in his little honda eg showing his little buddy how fast his piece of ish could go driving through traffic. That's why people tell others to take it to the track, so other people don't have to suffer for your mistakes.

sorry if it got off topic, i just thought i'd share.
lol

My opinion, keep the airbag bro. Unless you are psychic and can see into your future that you will not need it lol.... Which if you were I might be scared of you

Old 10-18-2008, 01:38 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by ej6buddy
you probably inadequately braced yourself before the wreck. That is usually the culprit. An airbag is usually a life or death aid. You choose whether you want to be dead or have a hurt arm. (a little dramatic, but I think you get the point) I'm just saying because from your post, you sound like a adolescent (not in a bad way). But if you were a little older, you'd know what the answer to your question is. Don't let me sway you either way, I'm just showing you another perspective rather than just "looks" and "bling factor". I don't think you'll be saying "Dang, I'm glad I got rid of that pesky air bag" when your face looks like applesauce after a collision.
Actually I was blowing the horn because of the idiot about to hit me dang near head on! Unfortunately, he was drunk, and blowing the horn got my left arm all torn up when my airbag deployed.

As for me being an adolescent, you couldn't be more wrong... I am 35, and for that one accident, I would have been much better off without the airbag than with. In fact, I have been involved in two other accidents where I was a passenger with someone else who wrecked, and guess what... those vehicles didn't even have airbags. Furthermore, I had absolutely NO injuries from those other two accidents.

The point I was trying to make is airbags sometimes do more harm than good! If I had been wearing leather gloves and a leather jacket, I would have probably had no injuries from the airbag.... It is just unfortunate that you sometimes need safety gear to protect you from your own safety restraint equipment!

Old 10-18-2008, 04:58 PM
HCF Member

Alright, i'm sorry to offend you with the age comment, i just assumed from your first post. You might complain about airbags hurting, but at least you're alive. that's the way i see it.

Old 10-18-2008, 08:33 PM
HCF Member

That is the thing about airbags. My buddy is a paramedic and he says sometimes the airbags help and other times they do more harm than good. His personal opinion is that if you are in a crash, you should want every safety device that is available to you.

IIRC, the only person who can disable an airbag is the owner of the vehicle under Federal Law. I know an installer that was fined $10,000 for removing a customer's airbag and putting a LCD screen in its place. He told me that he is never doing that one again, nor will he do a parking brake bypass for someone with an in-dash DVD player.

Old 10-18-2008, 09:02 PM
HCF Member

i love how this thread just totllaly changed topics in about one page lol. It's a nice little safety conversation now!

Old 10-18-2008, 09:15 PM
Angry Admin

well see we are concerned for the OP's safety and the fact that by purchasing this steering wheel he is increasing his risk of serious injury so we are advising against it. Then we use examples to back up our information. that is the basis of any good argument =]. lol though who am i to talk my airbags dont work... burnt out module =[ honda says its 800 bucks to fix. soo nope. just gonna wear my seatbelt and pray

Old 10-19-2008, 08:00 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by jprommel
well see we are concerned for the OP's safety and the fact that by purchasing this steering wheel he is increasing his risk of serious injury so we are advising against it. Then we use examples to back up our information. that is the basis of any good argument =]. lol though who am i to talk my airbags dont work... burnt out module =[ honda says its 800 bucks to fix. soo nope. just gonna wear my seatbelt and pray
HAHAHAHA. you'll pay a grand for rims and lots for all the other cosmetic and performance part of your car, but you won't pay $800 for a safety feature? lol.
I don't think I would ever take my airbag out, especially with the way people drive around here..

Old 10-19-2008, 08:54 AM
Angry Admin

um i dont have rims or any cosmetic parts... lol

Quick Reply: momo steering wheel