Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

momo steering wheel

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 08:48 AM
Default momo steering wheel

i will be getting a civic pretty soon and i was thinking of putting this steering wheel on it.Is it worth it to lose the airbag for looks?I think it gives it that italian flair.What do you guys think?http://www.andysautosport.com/honda/...o00036618.html

Old 10-17-2008, 08:50 AM

Oops,i just realized i posted in the wrong folder.If a mod can move it to the appropriate folder,i will be greatly thankful..

Old 10-17-2008, 05:13 PM
HCF Member

It looks good but wow, $315!

Old 10-17-2008, 05:17 PM

I know,and believe me if i do decide to get it,i'm shopping around for it.I used that pic as a visual aid

Old 10-17-2008, 07:42 PM
HCF Member

I am sure most will disagree with me, but when I totaled my 2007 Honda Accord last year, the airbag did more damage to my left arm than it was worth. If I hadn't been blowing the horn when my airbag deployed, everyone says my face would have looked like that. Also, because I am a big guy, my arm didn't break, even though the paramedics on the scene said it looked broken. I say ditch the thing!

I miss my old car

Old 10-17-2008, 08:15 PM
HCF Member

you probably inadequately braced yourself before the wreck. That is usually the culprit. An airbag is usually a life or death aid. You choose whether you want to be dead or have a hurt arm. (a little dramatic, but I think you get the point) I'm just saying because from your post, you sound like a adolescent (not in a bad way). But if you were a little older, you'd know what the answer to your question is. Don't let me sway you either way, I'm just showing you another perspective rather than just "looks" and "bling factor". I don't think you'll be saying "Dang, I'm glad I got rid of that pesky air bag" when your face looks like applesauce after a collision.

Old 10-17-2008, 09:14 PM
HCF Member

I dont know why we need a front airbag when we have seat belts. I'd rather have my neck jerk a little than have a broken face lol

Old 10-17-2008, 09:22 PM
HCF Member

there's a reason why most car manufacturers are going to side curtain and front impact air bags. They're continually tested for the effectiveness.

Old 10-17-2008, 11:35 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by inthezoneac
I dont know why we need a front airbag when we have seat belts. I'd rather have my neck jerk a little than have a broken face lol

Your kidding right.... If not darwin will rape you

Old 10-18-2008, 08:35 AM
Angry Admin

Sadly enough natural selection no longer works. Just look at the retard running our country, if natural selection truly works a lion shouldve jumped out of a bush and been raorgghh! and eaten him. 0=] and actually studies show that if you brace yourself you actually suffer more damage than if your body were to be limp and relaxed. thats why drunk ppl usually survive the acccidents that they inevitably get into.

okay now something useful for the actual topic, consider getting a four point harness, this is safer than your standard seatbelt and you lower the risk of smashing your face to a bloody pulp on the new steering wheel. but if you get a four pt harness u need a new seat and a harness bar which can be expensive.

ps. imo if you want the italian flair dont buy a honda. lol. and also there is so much more you could do with the 300 bucks for that steering wheel.

Last edited by jprommel; 10-18-2008 at 08:41 AM.

Quick Reply: momo steering wheel