Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

Making a body kit

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2009, 04:05 PM
HCF Member

this is usually where i would say somethign along the lines of "are you a F***ing idiot why would you ever think of that even?!?!?" bbut i read the whole thread, and im already intrigued, and do want to see where you're going with this. deff keep us updated and draw up some sketches.

Old 02-17-2009, 07:32 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by trustdestruction
i will tell you though from getting to know my car that you are gonna have to do a lot of work to mount the fog lights on the chassis so that you don't have empty holes in the bumper.
good thing im extremely proficient with a body saw, and have access to a plasma cutter. i just need to remember to unplug the airbag before cutting anything. i learned that the hard way.

however im not that great drawing with pen and paper. ill try it, if not, ill put some hours in and do it on autocad. i have school tomorrow, im hoping to get working on the swap this weekend. im just glad this car isnt my dd.

Old 02-17-2009, 07:40 PM
HCF Member

haveing more than one car helps so much, your lucky!

Old 02-17-2009, 09:39 PM
HCF Member

like i said, im no artist, but here's what i came up with so far.
Name:  delsolfront.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  15.2 KB
im gonna push out the bottom of the bumper to go for a little bit more aggressive front. also im going to lower the turn signal/ marker lights so i have enough room to build out the area around the lights, looking at it, its going to take alot of cutting, or a little bit of molding to get the lights to fit in right. it'll make the nose stick out a little more, hopefully it'll look good... what do you all think? other than i suck at drawing... ill try to get a side view drawn at some point.

Old 02-17-2009, 09:45 PM

i like it
i see that you're gonna be using the JDM corner trim or something similar, correct?

i wouldn't push the bottom of the front of the bumper out too much though (though a little more than stock does sound good), you don't want it to start looking like this...

Old 02-17-2009, 09:54 PM
HCF Member

yeah, no, nothing like that.. thats pretty hideous... enough rice to feed asia right there... so the job looks like im gonna be cutting fenders.. or since im going custom, i might just mold and make some... not sure what im going to be doing with the rear end yet though. any suggestions?

Old 02-17-2009, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by vtecaddict
not sure what im going to be doing with the rear end yet though. any suggestions?
Since it's a 4-door, I think it'd be pretty cool if you converted the rear trunk lid and the parts of the body around that so that it resembles the 2 door rear end.
(on the 4-door the trunk just curves towards the front of the car at the top of the lid, but on the 2-door it sticks out like a mini-spoiler).

then maybe mold in a mugen or type-r rear lip

what else would be badass is if you put ferio rear seats in it! (armrest console takes the place of the middle rear seat)

Old 02-17-2009, 10:13 PM
HCF Member

yeah, i wanna make people take a 2nd and 3rd look at the car. im also taking rear door handles and putting them in the front, to delete the keyhole... but thats a minor project im probably gonna do tomorrow. i need to do some work to the rear fenders, i have the typical honda rust... the previous owner wasn't to nice to her... so ill be modifying the rear end some too. there's another wrecked del sol at the yard that has from the driver doors back in almost perfect condition... man, this is starting to get extensive... oh well, ill have a 4 door civic del sol.

Old 02-17-2009, 11:08 PM

I am intrigued by this thread. Good luck OP.

Old 02-17-2009, 11:52 PM
HCF Member

Keep it up. I wasn't to fond of the the body kit at first but now me likey!

Quick Reply: Making a body kit