Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

LOTS of interior Mods

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 07:13 AM
HCF Member
Default LOTS of interior Mods

So I have this former show 1999 Si...

and I've been contemplating changing a few things. For starters, this pic is from a/b 6 months ago. Since then I've removed the diamond plated floors, and gone back to the STOCK Si gauge cluster.

What I've been thinking about doing, is taking off the vinyl...but what I don't know is: Did they remove the cloth (in the ceiling)? or is the cloth still under the vinyl? and on the door panels and pillars, behind the white vinyl, what's behind there stock? plastic or vinyl?

I know stock interior on this Si would be grey. I'm just uncertain as to whether or not removing the vinyl would make things worse or not.

I also need new seats. I have a few magazines this car was in- and in them the seats matched all the orange and white stuff, they weren't black...well apparently the kid that had the car before me spray painted the seats black, and now it's wearing off. This is very upsetting. Would you recommend aftermarket, BLACK seats? or Stock Cloth seats? Going stock would mean it would NOT match the white vinyl/black plastic areas...but the carpet's still grey so it'd match there. The only reason I'm leaning towards aftermarket stuff is because I'm afraid ripping off the vinyl to go back to stock would be hideous, and NOT return a pleasing result...

Name:  ShowCivic.jpg
Views: 1481
Size:  37.5 KB

Old 08-07-2008, 07:59 AM
HCF Member

I'd get some nice Bomz seats, they make black ones for roughly $300 for two. Which isn't too bad. They arn't as good as Sparco, or Recaro, but they are really good and reliable for the price. A few members on HCF have them, and are pleased.

Also, nice car. Diggin' the orange :P. And good to see you like Blessthefall, I seen them in concert when I went to the Taste of Chaos.

http://www.hyperautoparts.com/shop/p...cat=377&page=1 These are the seats i'm talking about. I'm going to get a pair for myself, when i'm done with my major mods.

Last edited by Vilex; 08-07-2008 at 08:03 AM.
Old 08-07-2008, 08:20 AM
HCF Member

yea I was looking on eBay for sets of new seats....seems the average is in the $450's. I tell you what I like- whatever the material is for the stuff in the new Si's...feels like wet suit material. I think it's neoprene?

I've seen blessthefall twice. Once at a local venue, and once at warped tour. They came here and played with Mayday Parade, Alesana, & Chiddos. A couple of Mayday's players went to my school...

Old 08-07-2008, 08:51 AM
HCF Member

I would just get new black seats. I like the orange.

Old 08-07-2008, 12:42 PM
Super Cereal Admin

I know you said you want black racing seats, but I think bomz makes black and orange seats... personally, I think they'd look pretty good.

Old 08-07-2008, 12:44 PM
HCF Member

black and orange would be hot if i can get the orange to match...the orange on the outside is 7 layers of "tangelo orange" candy, and 1 layer of pearlescent white for the ghost flames..

Old 08-07-2008, 01:55 PM
Super Cereal Admin

yeah, it might be kind of hard to match that lol

I checked bomz's site, and their black w/orange insert seats look pretty close.

linky link

*edit: do you have any more pics of the car? I really want to see some more pics lol

Last edited by reaper2022; 08-07-2008 at 01:57 PM. Reason: pix0rs!!1!11!one!11!!
Old 08-07-2008, 02:13 PM
HCF Member

i swear I saw that car on ebay, had orange paint coming off around the cluster.

Old 08-07-2008, 02:44 PM
HCF Member

ouch, that's just plain ugly, no other words.

Old 08-07-2008, 03:36 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by inthezoneac
i swear I saw that car on ebay, had orange paint coming off around the cluster.
No chips, scratches, peelings, etc on the interior paint...I'm sure several people across the states have done similar work...the only paint flaw is on the front bumper where I hit a deer & cracked the bottom edge a little bit (which will be fixed tomorrow)

Originally Posted by ej6buddy
ouch, that's just plain ugly, no other words.
To each his own...I happen to like it. It def gets the attention of everyone. Plus, this car's appearance got in the movie 2Fast2Furious and 3 magazines, as well as many first place trophies, which I have in my possession. (see pic below)

And reaper- thanks for the link...those seats look pretty good. Pics requested-

*notice the completely shaved body...gas tank fill is located behind the tail light...can't miss the trunk/license plate placing.

Name:  ShowCivicExterior.jpg
Views: 217
Size:  27.4 KB

Name:  HPIM0454.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  114.8 KB

Name:  HPIM0451.jpg
Views: 229
Size:  139.0 KB

Quick Reply: LOTS of interior Mods