Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

Looking for a Nice set of Rota Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2010, 10:05 PM

Ah I guess Rota boost is 16/17" only.

The DR-17's in the link I posted are 15"

Old 01-15-2010, 10:09 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by trustdestruction
Ah I guess Rota boost is 16/17" only.

The DR-17's in the link I posted are 15"
Great I love the DR-17's and they are not expensive. Now a good CHEAP set of 15' tires please?
God I don't know how you keep up with all my questions thank you!

Old 01-15-2010, 10:27 PM
HCF Member

i recommend Bridgestone Potenza RE960 or General Altimax HP both got really good reviews on tirerack

Old 01-15-2010, 10:34 PM

Well if you buy the wheels and tires together from that same site they give you free shipping and they come already mounted and balanced. They have great deals for tires on that site, probably the cheapest I have ever seen.

I believe that on your car you want either a 195/55/15 or a 205/50/15 tire. 205 has wider tread width, but I don't really believe that you need it. If it were me personally I would go with 195/55/15 size but it's up to you, either will be fine... just depends if you want the wider tread or not... it's just more traction that you don't need, which I am pretty sure means slightly less gas mileage, but it's probably not noticeable. If you aren't autocrossing or anything, I don't think you need the 205's. The 205's appear to be a few bucks cheaper though.

In your shopping cart on that site, first remove the "wheel installation kit" from your cart. It comes with ugly chrome lug nuts and they're overpriced anyway. I recommend that you buy your lug nuts separately. I can help you find some you'd like if you want. How much are you looking to spend on them and do you have any preferences (color, style)?

Then towards the bottom left in your shopping cart it says "continue shopping for tires". Click that.

I have the Falken 512's (second option under 195/55/15, first under 205/50/15) and I really like them a lot.

Then after you add tires to the cart, if you get the 512's I highly recommend paying for the "Certificates for Repair, Refund or Replacement" that they automatically put into your cart for $35. The 512's are a discontinued tire and finding them locally will be impossible. I ran over something and had a tire blow out... I had to order from this site to get a replacement because no one else has them... $7.75 (or even the $35 you spend for all 4) would have been a lot nicer to pay for my replacement tire than the $70 I spent. Don't be scared by them being discontinued though... they're still a great tire... consumer something or rather rated them #1.

The 912's can be found locally easily though and might be worth the extra few bucks and then you can remove the certificates from the cart since you can just buy the tire locally and have it mounted at the same place you buy it from.

Last edited by trustdestruction; 01-15-2010 at 10:37 PM.
Old 01-16-2010, 06:29 AM
HCF Member

Well if you buy the wheels and tires together from that same site they give you free shipping and they come already mounted and balanced. They have great deals for tires on that site, probably the cheapest I have ever seen.

I believe that on your car you want either a 195/55/15 or a 205/50/15 tire. 205 has wider tread width, but I don't really believe that you need it. If it were me personally I would go with 195/55/15 size but it's up to you, either will be fine... just depends if you want the wider tread or not... it's just more traction that you don't need, which I am pretty sure means slightly less gas mileage, but it's probably not noticeable. If you aren't autocrossing or anything, I don't think you need the 205's. The 205's appear to be a few bucks cheaper though.

Ok im on DiscountTireDirect.com because I want those Drag DR-17's and I added them to my cart and took off the

In your shopping cart on that site, first remove the "wheel installation kit" from your cart. It comes with ugly chrome lug nuts and they're overpriced anyway. I recommend that you buy your lug nuts separately. I can help you find some you'd like if you want. How much are you looking to spend on them and do you have any preferences (color, style)?

Then towards the bottom left in your shopping cart it says "continue shopping for tires". Click that.

I have the Falken 512's (second option under 195/55/15, first under 205/50/15) and I really like them a lot.

Then after you add tires to the cart, if you get the 512's I highly recommend paying for the "Certificates for Repair, Refund or Replacement" that they automatically put into your cart for $35. The 512's are a discontinued tire and finding them locally will be impossible. I ran over something and had a tire blow out... I had to order from this site to get a replacement because no one else has them... $7.75 (or even the $35 you spend for all 4) would have been a lot nicer to pay for my replacement tire than the $70 I spent. Don't be scared by them being discontinued though... they're still a great tire... consumer something or rather rated them #1.

The 912's can be found locally easily though and might be worth the extra few bucks and then you can remove the certificates from the cart since you can just buy the tire locally and have it mounted at the same place you buy it from.
Ok im on DiscountTireDirect.com because I want those Drag DR-17's and I added them to my cart and took off the wheel installation kit.
Um What do you prefer for lug nuts, color, ect.?

It says 185/65-14 is my regular size, but im guessing that for 14' wheels because it says plus one is the 195/55-15 you were talking about.

And I like the Falken's look so I selected that and the grand total is $666.00
It will be a summer purchase for sure and thank god I still get birthday money LOL!

Old 01-16-2010, 10:42 AM
HCF Member

I have a set of 17" dr17's, they look real nice but are too big lol, won't do good when I drop my car 2.5". I love the way they look but size sucks. I'm going to be picking up new rims once I sell these, I'm feeling slips, but they are some of my fav.

Old 01-16-2010, 01:00 PM
Red face

Originally Posted by KingDakota12
Ok im on DiscountTireDirect.com because I want those Drag DR-17's and I added them to my cart and took off the wheel installation kit.
Um What do you prefer for lug nuts, color, ect.?

It says 185/65-14 is my regular size, but im guessing that for 14' wheels because it says plus one is the 195/55-15 you were talking about.

And I like the Falken's look so I selected that and the grand total is $666.00
It will be a summer purchase for sure and thank god I still get birthday money LOL!
Yea the plus one is what you need. Plus one was referring to rim size (as in 14+1=15)

Were you asking me what I recommend for lug nuts?

I like black lug nuts mostly, but I think red ones might look good on your car as well.

These would be the ones I'd recommend. Unfortunately, they are out of stock until further notice. They look like my Rays lug nuts which I really like but these are much less expensive.

These in red might look really good on your car.

I had Muteki short open-ended lug nuts and they looked pretty good but I prefer a more traditional hexagonal lug nut than that.

Aftermarket lug nuts are generally pretty expensive ($50-200)... these are some of the lower priced ones (without sacrificing quality).

Also, the wheels come with chrome valve stem caps, which tend to stick out like a sore thumb when they're the only chrome on the wheel. You may want to replace them with something like these.

Here's some pics that'll show you the chrome valve stem caps, the Muteki lug nuts, and what the tires look like mounted

Last edited by trustdestruction; 01-16-2010 at 01:11 PM.
Old 01-16-2010, 03:27 PM
HCF Member

Yea the plus one is what you need. Plus one was referring to rim size (as in 14+1=15)

Were you asking me what I recommend for lug nuts?

I like black lug nuts mostly, but I think red ones might look good on your car as well.

These would be the ones I'd recommend. Unfortunately, they are out of stock until further notice. They look like my Rays lug nuts which I really like but these are much less expensive.

These in red might look really good on your car.

I had Muteki short open-ended lug nuts and they looked pretty good but I prefer a more traditional hexagonal lug nut than that.

Aftermarket lug nuts are generally pretty expensive ($50-200)... these are some of the lower priced ones (without sacrificing quality).

Also, the wheels come with chrome valve stem caps, which tend to stick out like a sore thumb when they're the only chrome on the wheel. You may want to replace them with something like these.

Here's some pics that'll show you the chrome valve stem caps, the Muteki lug nuts, and what the tires look like mounted

I will def. get the black valve stems for sure the chrome is way ugly.

As well should I get the Wheels in Gunmetal or just plain black what would prob. look better?

Old 01-16-2010, 04:58 PM
HCF Member

OHHH! Im stuck I love the DR-17 Drags, but I think I like the Drag DR-23 with the Red Stripe(Like Better)! What should i get!?

Old 01-16-2010, 05:04 PM
pls
HCF Member

or you can go with SSK WHEELS

http://www.sskwheels.com/Store/pc/wheels.asp

Last edited by pls; 01-16-2010 at 05:09 PM.

Quick Reply: Looking for a Nice set of Rota Wheels