Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

liscence plate lights

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2004, 01:19 AM
Default liscence plate lights

I'm looking for the lights that light up the liscence plate. but maybe l.e.d. of halogen, something WHITE I've looked, but I can't find any. I've got a 95 civic dx, i looked it up and for sylvania they are number 158. I really want them and I'm preety sure that they're out there. just can't find them.[:@].!!! I'm just getting frustrated. ALL I WANT ARE SOME WHITE LISCENCE PLATE LIGHTS AAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-09-2004, 01:31 AM
Default RE: liscence plate lights

Dunno if this will help but i just ordered the small dash blue led replacement bullbs from here ( im in the uk) WWW.ULTRALEDS.CO.UK, there is a car/bike section on the left. Im gonna post some picks when i fitted them, see what ya all think ??

spevie

Old 11-09-2004, 04:03 AM
HCF Member

It should be at like autozone or something, also, is it the lens or teh bulb that is not white?

Old 11-09-2004, 05:50 PM
HCF Member

mine are white. ?

Old 11-09-2004, 08:03 PM

It's the light. I tried auto zone, kragen, and pep boys. They all say that it doesn't exist. I think they're all lying. It probbably does exist. just hard to find going to sheck out this quys website. I just want something a little unique. not totaly customizing, but making my civic, well, mine.

Old 11-10-2004, 08:53 AM

uhm.. what color do you have right now? I though civics had those lights white from the factory. Both of my cars have white license plate lights as well.

Old 11-10-2004, 12:01 PM

Well, When I say white, I'm comparing it to an L.E.D. So it's as white as the head lights. you know. I'm looking for the white like the white lights. not the "yellow" like the stock lights.

Old 11-10-2004, 07:23 PM

oh ok, yeah that's what i thought. I don't think you'll have much luck finding LEDs like that. You could probably get xenon bulbs of that size - they should look bluish white. If you do want the LEDs though, your best bet would be to go to Radioshack or a similar place and buy the LEDs and then connect them to the wires that go to your OEM bulbs.

Old 11-10-2004, 07:31 PM

what about a black light if your liscence plate is white because it will really show the white

Old 11-10-2004, 09:20 PM

black lights would be AWESOME!! I don't think I'll have much luck finding those either! but If I did that would be SWEET!! any help for some of those would be even better!!

Thanks to all

Quick Reply: liscence plate lights