Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

Lip idea, need opinions

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2007, 06:22 PM
HCF Member
Default Lip idea, need opinions

I don't know alot about lips honestly, but I have heard everyone ******* ABS and Fiberglass, so I know thats not an option. I may temporarily get a front lip, and rear spoiler, paired with my new wheels, and ride it out for a year or so without doing much more then some basic engine functions. I found this one on ebay and wanted to see what the lip experts think. Is the price vs quality right? The guy said it was prepped and ready for paint when it shipped out. It looks glossy black when it gets here, which means it might match pretty close to my factory paint, and therefore won't have to be painted right off.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=260074361786

Lemme know what ya think.. 97 black civic DX, w/out factory fog's.

Old 01-13-2007, 07:04 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Lip idea, need opinions

the shipping is quite high imo, and polyurethane is the better material to buy, i'm not sure on quality, you can only tell the quality when you see it in person.

Old 01-13-2007, 07:13 PM
HCF Member

^ Yeah that shipping is high.Check out this site for that same lip. Jun style $120 free shipping here. I have and prefer ABS plastic as it is a more plyable substance. Mine has taken quite a beating and still looks good after3 years.

http://www.streetstyler.com/CivicLipSpoilers.htm

Old 01-13-2007, 08:10 PM
HCF Member

Yeah, I looked there, but some of their links are broken. I like the type R, its simple, clean, and should match pretty well on the coupe. I might just end up buying one from them. My next purchases are the lip and a spoiler, I have a guy at work that will paint them both for me for pretty cheap, so I have a month or two to decide.

I agree with ebay shipping. If you notice, you can get things like headlights for 29.00 a pair, but shipping is like 80.00, I think they make items appeal more to a buyer by listing the buy price as low, so the link gets hits, and then the shipping makes up for the money they didn't list in the buy price. It's like the ole bait-and-switch type deal.

Old 01-13-2007, 08:21 PM
HCF Member

Type r is sweet, I like that one better. Simple but stylish. Ya and ABS is a good material. I have a ABS rear lip and it really durable. It could take a beating.

Old 01-13-2007, 10:30 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Stumasters

Yeah, I looked there, but some of their links are broken. I like the type R, its simple, clean, and should match pretty well on the coupe. I might just end up buying one from them. My next purchases are the lip and a spoiler, I have a guy at work that will paint them both for me for pretty cheap, so I have a month or two to decide.

I agree with ebay shipping. If you notice, you can get things like headlights for 29.00 a pair, but shipping is like 80.00, I think they make items appeal more to a buyer by listing the buy price as low, so the link gets hits, and then the shipping makes up for the money they didn't list in the buy price. It's like the ole bait-and-switch type deal.
actually, the sellers are being smart, they are listing the prices cheaper and the shipping higher because ebay takes a percentage off of the purchase price, but they do not take a tax from the shipping amount, so therefore, the seller makes nontaxable money as compared to getting ripped off by taxes if the item were to sell at a higher price.

Old 01-13-2007, 11:03 PM
HCF Member

I never thought of it that way, Damn why didn't I think of that sooner. I have lost alot of funds due to that percentage they take.

Thats probably why they are jacking the rates up again this year.

Old 01-13-2007, 11:07 PM
HCF Member

no, that's not particularlywhy, they just plain out want more money just like the government. lol

Old 01-14-2007, 12:54 AM
HCF Member

I'm not really a huge fan of that lip honestly. But if you like it that's what really matters. As far as quality of lips, my ABS plastic lips do fine except my front one has cracked but only when I hit an animal and when I hit a sewer drain. Otherwise it is fine..just don't be running into things. Poly-urethane is a good material from what I've heard and can take quite the beating. My buddy ran his over and it is still fine.

Old 01-14-2007, 11:54 AM
HCF Member

Thats what I should shoot for then, I can see myself hitting some rabid animal the first day I take it out with the new one on, thats my luck, trust me.

I might not go with the type R, but I don't want to get too many frills on one, simple is better imo. If you are going to go all out on a lip, might as well get a whole front bumper with a different look.