Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

leds under dash

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2007, 03:30 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: leds under dash

ORIGINAL: WipLash

just tryin to help man. you could also wire the neons to the back of your cd player. thats what i did
Did you wire them to the remote turn on lead? If so, did you take into account everything else (i.e. amps) then you have one it already?

Old 12-03-2007, 11:44 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Live_4it

Ok well thinking about it 1.2" is prolly way too small lol. I'm going to get two 4.7" led flex strips, round rocker switch, and a 5 amp ATC fuse to be safe. All from oznium.
4.7" flex strips will be perfect, I got orange ones under my 2001 Civic LX, and they are nice. Don't bother getting a ATC fuse. You can wire them directly into your fuse box, I have mine wired to my security fuse, because it has 15 amps, and I wanted my lights to be able to be on ALL the time, even when the car is completely off. Its really not that hard, you just have to make a stable circuit with your wires. Wire them to your fuse panel fuse, then to each other.. Its kind of hard to explain, but.. Just read some DIY's, or write-ups.. Also, there is a wiring diagram laying around here somewhere. I have it on my computer at home (i'm at school), i'll try to dig it up and post it for you.

Old 12-03-2007, 10:05 PM
HCF Member

I don't want them on all the time tho.... I really want it to go to a switch for it. I like switches. That diagram might be helpful. Windcalmer sent me a pretty good one already but any help is good bro.

Old 12-03-2007, 10:47 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Live_4it

I don't want them on all the time tho.... I really want it to go to a switch for it. I like switches. That diagram might be helpful. Windcalmer sent me a pretty good one already but any help is good bro.
i think he ment that it always has power.....im sure he has a switch otherwise eventually his battery would die down. You can go off the fuse box and then just wire a switch in to the circuit. Autozone even sells these fuse adapters that lets you tap in the fuse box safely giving you a lead that is fused out of the fuse box. ...somthing like this

(thats not my hand by the way..i found it on the internet)...wire that to a switch and then to the postivie of your LED strips and ground the other end. Plug that adapter into an apropriate fuse on your fuse box and you are good to go.