Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

LED taillights

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 04:36 PM
Recognized HCF Member

1K for tailights... OUCH ill just order a bag of leds/resistors and start soldering for a week.LOL
or just buy a bunch of flexible led strips and line em up like i planned to do on my old civic but never bought all the led strips for it.
id like to do some led lighting on my trucks taillights but just havent opened them up yet to see how/if i can or not in them.

Old 02-22-2010, 05:54 PM
Sir Banned-a-lot

im lookin for led tails just so i can tint em but im not paying more than 100 bux used, 200 new for them lol..

btw, i wasnt downgrading your prices, i understand it takes alot of time to make em, i was just sayin its too rich for my blood lol, i can edit my post and remove the prices if you would like

Old 02-24-2010, 06:57 AM
HCF Member

pretty good ****.

so ill visit the site

Old 02-25-2010, 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by sfazngiants
its cool no hard feelings.

got pics of them on your civic?
These were actually not for me. It was for a guy that I did it for, but if you want to see how it looks on his car, he made a video and posted it up on YouTube here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoL7Xtuvs6k

I think the camera angle he took them in was in the direct path of the LED's, so it might have been capturing more lighting than it should have.

Old 02-25-2010, 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by addiction2bass
1K for tailights... OUCH ill just order a bag of leds/resistors and start soldering for a week.LOL
or just buy a bunch of flexible led strips and line em up like i planned to do on my old civic but never bought all the led strips for it.
id like to do some led lighting on my trucks taillights but just havent opened them up yet to see how/if i can or not in them.
Yeah, but the LED's are not any cheap Hong Kong made LED's. The boards that were placed in there too are not any cheap Radio Shack perforated boards as well. Lastly, to get the "dual filament" look of the LED's, I actually ended up putting a custom made PWM board and also a custom sequential circuit board to make it all work and function the way it does. I understand that it may sound quite expensive, but believe me, it will never compare to buying just LED's and resistors only. lol. Oh and for the taillights, any taillight can be opened up. Some can be heated and pulled apart, but most will have to be cut apart since the plastics are fused together like the Civic that I worked on. If you need some help or guidance, let me know. I will see if I can help out.

Old 02-25-2010, 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by supersize
im lookin for led tails just so i can tint em but im not paying more than 100 bux used, 200 new for them lol..

btw, i wasnt downgrading your prices, i understand it takes alot of time to make em, i was just sayin its too rich for my blood lol, i can edit my post and remove the prices if you would like
Oh I wasn't saying that you are "downgrading" the pricing, but I felt that people should know WHY the prices were what they were. Most people are going to feel that it is extremely overpriced because all it is is just LED's and resistors. But they fail to understand that there is a lot more behind it than just the basics. And besides, these 2 guys wanted to go all out crazy, which is not mandatory for everyone to do. Prices will definitely vary based on how plain and simple it may be up to extreme and crazy. But isn't that how all car modding is? The more you want to mod it, the more expensive it gets?

Old 02-25-2010, 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by Cryogenic SI
pretty good ****.

so ill visit the site
If you got any questions, let me know man. Always here to help out with anything people need.