Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

Interior Paint Progress

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2008, 11:53 PM
HCF Member

Yeah lol, well its one of things you kind of have to see before you can really figure out if you like it or not. I mean I still like the colors, but like I said green doesn't match my exterior, makes people think I'm ricey, and its like impossible to find things lime green in color. I like the black though, always have, I didn't like the stock interior, the gloss black gives it a really nice fresh look. I'll post more picks as I paint more. Planning to go to autozone tomorrow to purchase a couple more cans of paint.

Old 12-29-2008, 12:46 AM

I could hug you in a brotherly way.

Black interior ftw!
... I didn't expect your Civic to be blue. Never knew.

Old 01-17-2009, 06:47 PM
Sir Banned-a-lot

aww man wtf, your interior was ****in sick as hell, i love black and green, ecpecially the neon, if u would have painted the exterior a black and neon green it would have been truely freaking awesome. seriously. i love the green interior. my car is blue so i went with blue details but i think i am going to do what you did and paint all the vents and dash area

Old 01-17-2009, 06:53 PM
Super Cereal Admin

Originally Posted by supersize
aww man wtf, your interior was ****in sick as hell, i love black and green, ecpecially the neon, if u would have painted the exterior a black and neon green it would have been truely freaking awesome. seriously. i love the green interior. my car is blue so i went with blue details but i think i am going to do what you did and paint all the vents and dash area
Give it a year or two, kid... you'll eventually hate your painted interior if you go all-out with the paint.

Old 01-17-2009, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by supersize
ricer
go un-pause the fast and the furious

EDIT: Okay, that was mean, and I really don't care what you do to your car. I was just in a pissy mood when I first typed that.

Here's my advice. For plastic, i've heard good things about SEM plastic & vinyl paint, and that it's the stuff you want to use for any interior painting. It's says it's permanent, fade resistant, and flexible. I just ordered some in satin black because I need to paint the rear of my interior to match my upper door panels because I can't find 96-97 rear panels anywhere. I'll let you know how that goes, just remind me to tell you. If I forget to tell you, just check my project thread from time to time, I'll probably have it in about a week and i'll be doing it very soon after I receive the paint.

If you're gonna paint it, do it right and clean it prior to painting good, then scuff it with ~800 grit sandpaper. Then apply light coats. Use a quality product; i'll let you know if the SEM is as good as i've heard it is. I strongly recommend against a neon color because you will grow to hate it over time. I recommend a medium to dark blue, and I think that would look pretty clean if you don't overdo it and you do it properly. I would only paint things like the vents and the front speaker covers... maybe the gauge cluster bezel. Don't paint door handles, roof handles, the armrest, or the little inserts/blank panels in the center console that cover up screws, that is tacky, and the handles will chip from use. When you start thinking about painting random stuff and thinking it will look good, that's when you need to put the spray paint can down and stop because you're really pushing it.

Last edited by trustdestruction; 01-17-2009 at 10:13 PM.
Old 01-23-2009, 10:22 PM

Okay the SEM gets a thumbs up. Great stuff.