Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

Interior Paint Progress

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2007, 07:02 PM
Default RE: Interior Paint Progress

It started raining whilst I was painting some pannels so I was forced to put them into my poorly ventilated 3 metre x 5 metre room (9 x 15 foot) while they dried. By the time I woke up, they were pretty much dry and it had stopped raining.

Old 03-03-2007, 02:13 AM
HCF Member

Yeah it smells like paint when it is hot in the car. But it will probably go away eventually. Does anyone know how to take the upper vinyl part of the dashboard out. Me and my friend got a bunch of the screws but there was like 1 on each side that was impossible to get to. Anyone have any idea?

Old 03-03-2007, 02:15 AM
HCF Member

tape off the windshield and paint it in the car, lol.

Old 03-03-2007, 06:26 AM

No seriously. Its funny that this is mentioned because I began taking the final part of my interior out today, and in the top of the dash and there are 2 real pain the the a$$ screws, one either side kind of behind the AC vents, am I correct Itkenbo? My mate sujested using masking tape and news paper and cover everything else in the car and paint it in place. Apparently despite the fact that is risky and hard work, its still easier than trying to get the dash off. But I need the dash off to finish the LED job in the grills and vents. Is there any easy way?

Old 03-03-2007, 10:49 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Stumasters
Anyway, as for the vinal seat covers, Mobsta, did you just stretch it over the seat, or have it sewn in somehow, it looks pretty decent in that pic.
I took the old stock cover off and put this one in just like the stock is. It's held down to that shape by metal rings that are connected to the material and raped around a metal wire that goes around where its held in.

Chaos, if your trying to take the dash out then your steering wheel has to come off. I'm just painting mine in the car with the window taped off.

Old 03-03-2007, 11:47 AM
HCF Member

Yes those are exactly the screws I am talking about. I don't know how they got them in there in the first place.

Old 03-03-2007, 04:15 PM
HCF Member

How about you get some black carpeting and cover the front dash?

Fuzzy...

Old 03-03-2007, 06:14 PM
HCF Member

That would be hard to make it keep the shape the the dashboard.

Old 03-03-2007, 08:44 PM
HCF Member

I think I'm just gonna tape up a bunch of giant plastic garbage bags and take out the seats and cover everything else and then paint it while its in there. Cause even if I can get it out at this point I'm not sure if I even want to anymore, lol. Does anyone know how to get the airbag out? I disabled them and then unscrewed the mounting screws for the passenger side but I couldn't get it to come out because of the plastic top, it was like stuck in there.

Old 03-03-2007, 09:09 PM
HCF Member

haha thats what i did with my old dodge, your options r probably a... remove the windshield and remove the dash or b.... do what ur thinking(turns out good if you know what your doing) but i would really recomend that you take out the dash, it turns out so much better.

Quick Reply: Interior Paint Progress