Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

Interior Paint Opinions

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 06:44 PM
Default Interior Paint Opinions

Before you guys say "use the search button," know that I have read up on this, and checked around. Other than the fact that it is a pain to remove your dash and panels to paint, how is the finished product? i've heard rumors of glare from the paint. I'm interested in doing this for my next Civic, but isn't it totally irreversible? Seems like it would lower potential resale value.

If you have done it, pics would be awesome. Just wondered what the general thoughts on this are.

(Off topic) Also, i'm pretty sure the DX and LX are the models that have the black trim and door handles. I've heard of people taking off the trim to paint to match their car, what about the door handles? Is is possible/practical to remove those and paint to match?

Old 04-12-2007, 06:47 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Interior Paint Opinions

I wouldn't say that it is TOTALLY irreversible because you could sand the paint off but it will probably be all scratched if you aren't careful, or you would just buy new peices from a car being parted out. That or you could repaint them gray again, I'm sure most ppl wouldn't notice that its repainted insted of just plastic or care if it looks ok for that matter.

Old 04-12-2007, 06:55 PM

why not just use vinyl dye? you can always re-dye it when you go to sell it. and, i'd reccomend just going with a simple black interior. colored interiors are way too distracting, and just look ugly.

Old 04-12-2007, 07:29 PM
HCF Member

If you look in my gallery, I just painted the accents. But to paint the hole thing, depending what color the dash is, you get ALOT of glare on the glass. My old car was painted red and white, the hole thing, and the glare hurt my eyes so much. Also, when I put it for sale, no one wanted to buy it because of the dash ( I ended up selling it to a kid). And if you painted the dash, I dont think its reversable, if would look like crap if you sanded it down to factory. You would have to replace everything. Personally, I wouldnt do it.

Old 04-12-2007, 08:11 PM

Wow Mill$ that looks freakin' awesome. how do you get the vent and door plates off to paint? That looks really good, I'll keep that in mind. What color is that? Silver? It makes your door look black.

Old 04-12-2007, 08:21 PM
June 2010 ROTM

Make sure you are ready to commit to having the color your choose. There's one picture in my gallery of the blue interior. I painted it 3 years ago and now I don't like it anymore. This summer I'm painting everything that is blue, black.

Old 04-12-2007, 08:46 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: TBon3

Wow Mill$ that looks freakin' awesome. how do you get the vent and door plates off to paint? That looks really good, I'll keep that in mind. What color is that? Silver? It makes your door look black.
Thanks!! The door handle parts are held in by 1 screw behind the handle, and the vents pop out. The middle part is a big challenge, you need to take off everything just like you would do toinstall a radio. My doors are pretty much black, dark dark charcal color and yes its the same color as my car.

Old 04-12-2007, 09:29 PM

yeah Dan your blue looks cool but I could see how you could get tired of it. Mill$, so your doors aren't stock colored? Did you paint them or what? Or is that really the standard Civic grey interior... because I have grey interior and don't think it's that dark.

Old 04-12-2007, 10:30 PM
formerly aryiman98civic

if you look in my gallery i have pictures of what mine looks like painted.

Old 04-13-2007, 11:26 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: TBon3

yeah Dan your blue looks cool but I could see how you could get tired of it. Mill$, so your doors aren't stock colored? Did you paint them or what? Or is that really the standard Civic grey interior... because I have grey interior and don't think it's that dark.
No its stock. They came in two different colors I think. Because when I go get parts for my car at the scrap yard or somthing, alot of the civics have the gray, I never really see any with the carcal color. I guess it depends what model you get. My interior is "Type K"

Quick Reply: Interior Paint Opinions