Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

interior neons

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2006, 02:16 PM
Default interior neons

hey guys, i want to install some 12 inch neons under the dash on the driver and passenger side so the foot area lights up. would anyone happen to have any installation pictures or installation tips? cuz im pretty sure id have to get a male connector, then put fuses on that then plug the lights into it with female connectors then run toggle switches... does that sound about right? i dont wanna eff it up and burn out my fuse box or catch my car on fire

Old 04-29-2006, 04:08 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: interior neons

ya that sounds about right..i have some in my car..check out my sig or my photo gallery, you need to run the black wire from the neon to a ground and the red to 1 prong on a switch, from the other prong on the switch you need to run a wire to the battery or a 12v power source, you can find one in a spare terminal on your fuse holder under your dash, inline with the power wire you need to run a inline glass fuse..you can find a fuse holder as a local electirc store and you can use the same fuse that comes out of the thing on your neon that you plug it into the cigerete lighter..or just bring that fuse to the store and tell them you need a holder for it..that will be probably better..and put the fuse closest to were the positive wire is going to the 12v source

..good luck

Old 04-29-2006, 06:48 PM

thanx man i appreciate it.... now im just tryin to decide on black lights or blue neons... prolly blue though. also, what kind of neons did you use? optx? streetglo? and what size? 9"?

i love your effin car though bro, what all mods do you have under the hood?

Old 04-29-2006, 08:33 PM
February 2010 ROTM

use cold cathodes they use less power and are a ton brighter and smaller than neons

Old 04-29-2006, 08:47 PM
HCF Member

^^and they wont singe your leg hairs off like blacklights will.

Old 04-29-2006, 11:18 PM

alright thanx for the tip... where do you get those at?

Old 04-29-2006, 11:21 PM
February 2010 ROTM

a place i get mine is at www.oznium.com they are 7 bucks for 2 12" cathodes i have ordered tons from that site and i personally know the guy that owns the site so check it out just go to the cathodes section

Old 04-29-2006, 11:40 PM

oh right on man, thanx alot thats awesome... im definitely gonna order some from there. i damn near paid 50 bucks for two 9" neons today at advnace auto. i woulda kicked myself in the *** for that one.

Old 04-29-2006, 11:48 PM
February 2010 ROTM

no problem you won't be dissapointed from that site trust me i have spent over 2 grand on there in the past 5 yrs.....lol well if you need any other help i have done it all with neons so let me know

Old 04-30-2006, 12:34 AM

alright thanx bro i do appreciate it.... like i kinda said earlier, now my main concern is just gettin the wiring done correct so i dont burn my car up

Quick Reply: interior neons