Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

I am trying to reduce my car's weight.

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2006, 02:39 AM
Default I am trying to reduce my car's weight.

Any advice on what to do?

No I will not remove my rear seat or sound insulation. My car is loud enough as is.
But I would like to know what manufacturer sells the lightest wheels and hood lids. Come to think of it, do they make custom trunk lids as well to reduce weight?

Thanks to all in advance.

Old 10-26-2006, 03:25 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: I am trying to reduce my car's weight.

I dunno about wheels, but Seibon or VIS Racing are the places to look for your hood and trunk. Both companies make a carbon fiber hood and trunk. I've got them both by VIS.

Old 10-26-2006, 09:03 AM
HCF Member

carbon fiber fenders/bumpers/hood/trunk lid, for good stuff its going to cost you..carbon isnt cheap

Old 10-26-2006, 09:11 AM
HCF Member

try getting some gram lights (expensive as HELL), BBS, or Mugen wheels.

carbon fiber parts ARE lighter, but their price doesn't justify buying them in most situations unless you truly race.

buy lighter wheels, new seats, take out interior bits, like stereo equipment, blah, blah, blah...

you can also take out your spare.

Old 10-26-2006, 03:37 PM

ORIGINAL: drbyers

try getting some gram lights (expensive as HELL), BBS, or Mugen wheels.

carbon fiber parts ARE lighter, but their price doesn't justify buying them in most situations unless you truly race.

buy lighter wheels, new seats, take out interior bits, like stereo equipment, blah, blah, blah...

you can also take out your spare.

Well, I don't care to race, I just want my car to be lighter, yet still practical, so no, the donut stays, so do the seats. But I will consider the wheels, the hood/trunk lids.

Old 10-26-2006, 03:50 PM

aluminum lower control arms (rear), go on a diet, lose the a/c, front tracton bar setup, omni power front lower control arms, any lightweight rims (rotas are light and cheap), put race seats in (non reclinable shell seats like recaro or sparco.

Old 10-27-2006, 02:55 PM
HCF Member

Just put the spare back in when you know you're going to drive a long distance... I took mine out to fit my new subwoofer in but if i ever plan on driving far i just put it behind my passenger seat... it is skinny and fits.

Old 10-27-2006, 04:23 PM
HCF Member

VX rims, price is right

Old 10-27-2006, 07:55 PM

cf hood, fenders, trunk, gas cover, intake(whale *****), gauges, center consol, air bag tray(lose passenger air bag), and fenders. lose a/c. gram lights, vx, rotas, there are sooo many diff kinda light weight wheels just search. lighter seats. lose the spare/jack if u really wana run around without it. take all the trash, floor mats, rear seat belts, bolts out. lose the stereo/speakers. light weight battery. dont put any useless crap like neons, wings, w/e, all just dead weight. take the wooden board outa ur trunk. aftermarket steering wheel/hub. take exhaust heat shield out. lightweight LCA's....list goes on...and dun forget to lose some lbs urself...

Old 10-27-2006, 09:41 PM

Honestly, spend your time doing something else with your car, removing interior ammenities isn't going to make your car all of sudden fast. Maybe you would shave a 1/10th or 2 off of your 1/4 mile time.

Quick Reply: I am trying to reduce my car's weight.