Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

How do you define JDM parts? Made in MEXICO?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2007, 12:09 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: How do you define JDM parts? Made in MEXICO?

i see...

this is my story...
you know i only been in US for 3 years. Back in Vietnam, we used alot of JDM stuffs; for instance, TV (ex: second hand, used Panasonic, Sony, Toshiba), freezers, refrigerators, game consoles, radio (we had JVC radio for 17 years!!!), and of course Japanese cars...Those stuffs are called: celemetary goods. JDM stuffs listed above was very PRICY in Vietnam, since they are good and 'cheaper' than the new ones. Everyones would love to have some. My family dreamed of a 21' Panasonic TV for a long time to watch soccer... (a very normal thing in America, 100 bucks you got one)....
long story short, now when comes to buy parts for my car, i want the good feeling of using ORIGINAL OEM FACTORY.....made in JAPAN parts! the parts i want are pricy...i will save up....eat more at home, no coke, no AMC, no karting, no autox (yes autocross)!!

Old 02-16-2007, 01:06 AM
HCF Member

Alright well in my opinion just becasue its from that market does not mean its made there. Maybe its made there and just sold only on that market, hell you never know maybe honda of japan got smart and decided to outsource plants, just like all the other american businesses out there. Yes its ironic but at the same time thats how economics work, it was cheaper to have stuff made in mexico becasue of lower labor costs, oh well who cares its still put together according to spec. And more then likely faces the same quality control test as jap parts.

Old 02-16-2007, 08:24 AM
mxs
HCF Member

parts of our cars are made in different factories in different countries.

your car is "USDM," I don't see you complaining that every single part is not made in the US.

Old 02-16-2007, 09:27 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: mxs

your car is "USDM," I don't see you complaining that every single part is not made in the US.
understnadable, but i think i would be fairly angry if i oredered a legit JDM part and it said "Made in Mexico"

Old 02-16-2007, 11:25 AM
HCF Member

This is like something off of JDMcivic....If its not authentic JDM parts that someone uses on their car, they really hear about it lol. You no when its JDM because you paying acrap load more for it.

Old 02-16-2007, 11:32 AM
Administrator

ORIGINAL: mill$civic

This is like something off of JDMcivic....If its not authentic JDM parts that someone uses on their car, they really hear about it lol. You no when its JDM because you paying acrap load more for it.
Bingo! get your correct part and stop crying

Old 02-16-2007, 12:46 PM
HCF Member

understnadable, but i think i would be fairly angry if i oredered a legit JDM part and it said "Made in Mexico"
that s the point!!!!

sorry. i quoted to wrong sentence.

Old 02-16-2007, 12:53 PM
mxs
HCF Member

what is the point?

you are going to have to better explain what the problem is. I don't think that this is a big deal.

You said you bought it from the DEALER. Did you really call up Honda and say "I want a JDM bumper"?

Old 02-16-2007, 01:10 PM
HCF Member

please pm sir, the warehouse guys must have pull the wrong part number sir, it will be fixed. Plus all body parts I sell are OEM HOP parts none from mexico sir.
this is what the guy typed in the local forum...

Old 02-16-2007, 01:12 PM
HCF Member

this is the forum if you wondering.

Quick Reply: How do you define JDM parts? Made in MEXICO?