Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

Honda VP rearview mirror

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2006, 03:05 PM
Default Honda VP rearview mirror

Is there any way to remove fine fine scratches from an all-plastic rearview mirror? I have a Civic VP which translates to CRAPPY PLASTIC TRIMS. It scratches so easily. I was trying to rub off a little scratch with my sweater and I ended up getting all these hairline scratches on it from my sweater! I regret doing that so much, but now I want to know what I can do about it. The scratches are not deep at all, and they are definitely from my sweater. They are much more noticable in the bright light, but there are ALOT of them there. I hate myself for doing that, but I'm also annoyed that Honda can't just paint the whole car. I LOATHE the plastic parts on this car. So cheap for such an expensive car. Can anybody help me? I can't stand the way it looks, and I'm already having trouble keeping the door handles normal so I really want to see what can be done. Is it hard to replace a rearview mirror? I want to be able to start from scratch (no pun intended) because I hardly even use my car, and there shouldn't be this much going on with it already. I'm so depressed about it- If I hadn't rubbed it with my sweater it never would have heppened--- but if Honda had used more resilient plastic or at least PAINTED them, it never would have happened either.. not that easily anyway.

thanks ahead of time! please help!

Also, if you are recommending scratch removers, can you please tell me for certain whether or not it could make the problem worse? THANKS!

Old 06-28-2006, 02:35 PM
Recognized HCF Member
Default RE: Honda VP rearview mirror

for my rear view mirros i just choped mine off!

not due to scratches but because it sucks for bass. LMFAO
i just cut the arm off my mirror and screwed it back up jsut cause i had to keep it so the trim panel would hide the screw holes in the headliner.

to replace it i just used a windshield mounted CHEVY rear view mirror

only downfall was i mounted mine alittle high so my sunvisors hit it if i try and fold em down. but i dont use em anyways so no big deal!
and best of all no more wondering mirror!!!!!!

in my opinion id do it all over again!
they sell some nice windshield mounted billet mirrors you can choice from. just use the right windshield button.