Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

HID's in Projectors that are currently normal bulbs.

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 04:45 AM
HCF Member

bretzky.6:
Thanks, i was hoping that this was the case but wanted to confirm before i spent a bunch of money only for it not to be that good.

I know it wont be like a retrofit but if its better then what i currently have ill be very happy.

Im going to try to take some pics of the lights in the dark tonight to show the light output and how sukky it is.

Old 03-10-2009, 04:59 AM
HCF Member

yeah there is no comparison to light output compared to any halogen bulb...you just have to find the right kit =]

Old 03-10-2009, 05:16 AM
HCF Member

Well the guy my brother in law goes too seems to do good work as he has had 2 kits from the guy plus his dad has used him as well that the lights look good and have not failed him.

I really want them to be pretty white so im thinking of going with 5000k, does that sound correct?

Old 03-10-2009, 09:42 AM
HCF Member

the ones in the pics are 6000k

Old 03-10-2009, 09:50 AM
HCF Member

Awesome guys, i really appreciate all of your inputs.

Now as far as the actual parts are concerned what should i look out for as being bad?

what kind of bulbs are good? (Philips)
balast?
wiring config? Like should i make sure hes getting power directly from the battery and not the existing wiring?

I like to have alot of info when i go do things like this so i know im getting a good deal or atleast good parts.

I may have to go, see what he has, write it all down and take some pictures then post up.

Old 03-10-2009, 09:59 AM
HCF Member

the ones you friend sells shouldn't be too bad.. i guess just stay away from no name brands. i think pilot is another good brand. i have my HID's wired on my stock harness

Old 03-10-2009, 01:27 PM
Banned

hmmm what to do well i would put the stock housing back i was going to buy projecters till i found out how crappy the light output was but during my searching i found these www.mobilehid.com there obviously durable and the actual bulb is the same size as stock for best light scatter and they come with a wiring harness .ive heard good things about them i will also be purchasing these hid’s.

Last edited by lowlife9; 03-10-2009 at 01:30 PM.
Old 03-11-2009, 12:39 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by lowlife9
hmmm what to do well i would put the stock housing back i was going to buy projecters till i found out how crappy the light output was but during my searching i found these www.mobilehid.com there obviously durable and the actual bulb is the same size as stock for best light scatter and they come with a wiring harness .ive heard good things about them i will also be purchasing these hid’s.
I own them I have had issues with them, but since they're under warranty they have taken care of me. My bulb keeps turning off and i have to turn my lights on and off to reactivate them but they have sent a replacement bulb . Now my other bulb started turning off so both lights are turning off at different times one more then the other. I called them up and they're now sending me 2- 6000k bulbs with new ballasts.

So all in all i have 1- 5000k bulb coming , and 2-6000k bulbs and new ballasts also in the mail. I'm actually assuming my ballasts are the problem since my slim version were discontinued.

Old 03-11-2009, 04:04 PM
Banned

are you talking about mobile hid i hope not that would suck i was going to purchase well they did sound to good to be true and i remember them having the slim digital one on the web site but mysteriously vanished what was the ptoblem with the slim ones .dam i was really set on getting these but you say they took care of you rite .how long till you srarted having problems and do you have pics.i guess there hit or miss.

Old 03-11-2009, 04:05 PM

just put the HIDs in those housings.

P.S. those are called Denji headlights

Quick Reply: HID's in Projectors that are currently normal bulbs.