Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

HID Install help

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2007, 10:54 PM
HCF Member
Default HID Install help

btw, i'm using an HID kit with H1's for my projector headlights... my projectors regularly use h1 halogens.

Here's my problem.... I had installed one of the bulbs in my headlight, and iswitched on the headlights, and it worked! So i do the same thing to the other headlight and the light flickers for a couple seconds and turns off. So i turn them off. Next thing i know, none of the two lights are working. So i try turning them back on, and this time only one of them shows some life ... it gives a quick flash but doesn't stay on. I keep switching them off and on again and the same thing happens.... just a quick flash from 1 of them and that's it.

I know the bulbs are still working, and the ballasts too cause i switched them around a couple times...mannnnnnn that looked so cool having an HID in one of my projectors..... they looked so freekin awesome. i just want them both to work.

**PS. i know of at least 1 guy in here with projectors that has made this work before.... so it will work eveen though my stock headlights are supposed to be H4's.

Old 10-01-2007, 04:28 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: HID Install help

did you try playing around with the connections? you didn't accidentally connect them to the high beam did ya?

Old 10-01-2007, 09:54 AM
HCF Member

The veryfirst time iconnected them...i had them connected to the high beams, and they wouldn't turn on. Then i realized i had to have them connected to the low-beam and that's when they turned on... my problems started happening after i had them on the low-beam. I'll have to try again today or something.

Old 10-01-2007, 11:16 AM
HCF Member

If it still doesn't work it may be a bad ballast or bulb, i would try them on another car if you can and see if they work

Old 10-01-2007, 11:32 AM
HCF Member

I just tried again. I connected them both and only 1 bulb turned on. I switched the bulb that didnt' turn on to the other ballast to see if it would turn on and all it did was flash. It didn't turn on. So i put in the bulb that worked the first time and it wouldn't turn on either! aaahhh! ****!
is there a difference between plug and play HID's and the ones that come with the relay that connect to your battery terminals???? i think i might want to go the other way.... mine are regular plug and play....

Old 10-01-2007, 11:55 AM
HCF Member

the ones that come with a relay put less of a strain on your wiring harness and are less likely to fry your harness lol. which has be known to happen before and has also cause fires in some cars... so yeah...

but yeah it sounds like you have a faulty ballast, so you may want to contact the seller.

Old 10-01-2007, 01:13 PM
HCF Member

yeah thats the ballast. thats what mine did just a flash of light then nothing. its the ignitor in the ballast.