Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

Help! Skirt + Lowered

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 06:04 PM
HCF Member
Default Help! Skirt + Lowered

I just visited my car at the shop today and these are the shots I took with my r34 side skirt being installed.. I am planning to drop my car but I cant decide how much I should drop it to. Im worried about the side skirt being too low(specially at the rear part of the skirt) if I drop it... I dont want speed bump to touch those skirts when lowered... Im thinking 1" would cover my gap and still be safe with speed bumps? 1.4" would be nice but im worried about hitting bumps.

[IMG]local://upfiles/18613/0BC8FD691694430E881724ECB87E7DF1.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-22-2007, 06:20 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Help! Skirt + Lowered

I dont think you should even attempt speed bumps anymore, that already looks pretty low. Depending on the speed bump. But I would drop it about a 1.5. That will take away the wheel gap, but your going to have problems with speed bumps eather way.

BTW. Looks like their doing a great job!! You got to get some finished pictures up.

Old 02-22-2007, 06:29 PM
HCF Member

Yes it looks low... I live here in ontario and just going to malls its speed bumps all over and of course winter. I'm really not sure about the looks of this skirt in this picture... tho when I was in the shop it looks good with this photo it looks kinda huge for my civic(maybe photo is different than reality)... what do you think?

Old 02-22-2007, 06:41 PM
HCF Member

Im in Ontario too. North of toronto

Are you doing the hole kit or just the sides? I think you need the holekit to make the look.

Old 02-22-2007, 06:48 PM
HCF Member

I have lips on the rear and front... I dont like body kits! I use to have black widow 2 side skirt with this carand its almost the same style as this but the ones i had before(black widow 2)is flushedon the body.. this one looks like its sticking out atleast 1/2 inch... maybe the finish product will shine better..

Old 02-22-2007, 06:51 PM
Super Cereal Admin

Honestly, it's going to scrape whether or not you lower it. I have Black Widow skirts (which look like they sit about the same height as yours) and they scrape all the time.. I've never touched the suspension on my car. But, if you're going to lower it, I'm thinking 1.5" or less; just enough to cut the wheel gap down a little. It looks real good, though... keep up the good work!

Old 02-22-2007, 06:54 PM
HCF Member

i have black widow sides and i have mine lowered about almost 2 inches and i can still make 90% of the speed bumps i go over....the others i just barely scrape....i dont think you should really have a problem.

Old 02-22-2007, 06:56 PM
HCF Member

you mean scrape on speed bumps..

Old 02-22-2007, 06:59 PM
HCF Member

where in ont. im in london.
but i would advise against lowering it, just cause we gots winter here and lots of snow. unless you have a winter beater.

Old 02-22-2007, 06:59 PM

I have EVO 5 side skirts and I don't scrape, but I have not lowered the car, because I would scrape. My front bumper now is so low I scrape all the time, so it depends on how many speed bumps you see a day and whether or not you want to put your car in your driveway. My driveway has a curb for an enterence so my ride doesn't go in the driveway. Looks good though.

Quick Reply: Help! Skirt + Lowered