Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

Help! Anybody knows about this headlights?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 03:39 PM

Hey guys, thank for all the help!! I finally found a Honda Mechanic who would do HID in my car, keeping the OEM Headlights, and he told me that the nokya bulbs will definitely damage my wiring and system over the time since they gauge of the wire is not made for 80w, and these light bulbs demand more than what the wire can handle. I appreciate all the help, and I will post some pics after I get it done.

Old 06-16-2009, 03:42 PM

This mechanic doesn't sound very credible...

any mechanic that will recommend installing HIDs in headlights designed for halogens obviously doesn't really care (or might not even know) what the car was made to use. Your headlights and wiring will be perfectly fine with the higher wattage bulbs.

Old 06-16-2009, 04:53 PM
HCF Member

i've had higher wattage bulbs on my car for 2 year, nothing wrong with wiring. what? a honda mechanic installing HID's in stock halogen headlights? seriously? and +1 on what trustdestruction said

Old 06-17-2009, 02:18 AM

hahaha..The guy gets the HID system for Honda. He gets the ones that would fit to the civic and work good with it. He is not recommending me to install them, but he says there is not problem with them as soon as I get the right ones. He says that the Nokya will damage the unit. The guy has done tons of work on my coworkers' cars, so he is kind of reliable, and for the price, I would just try it. Lets see how it goes, and I let you know guys.

Old 06-17-2009, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by Dark_Hawk
.hahaha..The guy gets the HID system for Honda He gets the ones that would fit to the civic and work good with it. He is not recommending me to install them, but he says there is not problem with them as soon as I get the right ones. He says that the Nokya will damage the unit. The guy has done tons of work on my coworkers' cars, so he is kind of reliable, and for the price, I would just try it. Lets see how it goes, and I let you know guys.
You have no idea what you are talking about. Your headlight housings are designed for halogen bulbs, end of story. There are absolutely no plug n' play HIDs that are meant for the housings. Sure, they will fit, but they're going to create an extreme amount of glare due to the reflector lens being designed for Halogen bulbs. We're not telling you it won't work or that it won't fit.

You would not get any damage from that higher wattage.

Old 06-17-2009, 12:33 PM
HCF Member

no HID's that i know of are street legal for stock halogen housing

Old 07-04-2009, 07:58 PM

Hey guys, sorry for the delay, but I was a little busy with work. Here are some pics of the HID lights. They are actually white, but they came out a little blue on the pics. They are great! I've had them for like 2 weeks and no problem with other cars or cops even when driving towards them. I actually got pulled over on Sat night because of a checkpoint, and they didn't even mention them. They asked for the blue neon lights inside the car, lol. They did not say anything else and let me go with no problem. I'm very happy with the lights. I can see anything on the road now. I just need to adjust the left headlight, so they become a little even...but it's not a big deal. Other than that, great lights.

Attached Thumbnails Help! Anybody knows about this headlights?-img_0056-large-.jpg   Help! Anybody knows about this headlights?-img_0057-large-.jpg   Help! Anybody knows about this headlights?-img_0053-large-.jpg   Help! Anybody knows about this headlights?-img_0052-large-.jpg