Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

Help! Anybody knows about this headlights?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2009, 12:08 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by cvcrcr99
When you get them installed, post up some pics how they light up the road at night. I am interested in a cheap headlight upgrade. I also want to be able to have a set of OEM headlights ready to go in before I attempt to retro-fit just in case something goes wrong..haha.
i just got the Nokya Cosmic in the mail today and installed them. Heres some shots i took

Old 06-13-2009, 12:10 AM

You sure those are cosmic white and not arctic white? Looks different from mine.

Old 06-14-2009, 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by trustdestruction
You sure those are cosmic white and not arctic white? Looks different from mine.
Right? They look blue, but if that how they look, I like them;however, I think they are not for "On Road use." I might get them now.

Old 06-14-2009, 06:53 AM
March 2010 ROTM

I think those bulbs look pretty good. Might consider these when I get new headlights.

Old 06-14-2009, 03:39 PM

[QUOTE=sfazngiants;648670]i just got the Nokya Cosmic in the mail today and installed them. Heres some shots i took

Hey man, could you take some pics of the light bulbs box? I just want to verify if the ones I am looking to purchase are the same. Thanks!

Old 06-14-2009, 09:04 PM

They don't look blueish in real life, they look pure white.

You don't need pictures of the box, just buy them. It's a different bulb size anyway (you have an 8th gen, right?), so the box will be different anyway.

Old 06-14-2009, 09:41 PM
HCF Member

guys dont buy these bulbs thinking they have a blue tint to the light. like trust said they are pure white. the first and second pictures looks more like the color of the light. I don't know how the last 3 pics came out with a blue glow, need to mess with my camera's settings.

Old 06-15-2009, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by sfazngiants
guys dont buy these bulbs thinking they have a blue tint to the light. like trust said they are pure white. the first and second pictures looks more like the color of the light. I don't know how the last 3 pics came out with a blue glow, need to mess with my camera's settings.
Hey man..I definitely want to buy those. Just one click away, but.... the OEM light bulbs in your car were 45/55 watts right?...I did some research and some people had problems installing 80/100 w light bulbs (melted, driving lights not working good). After having your lights on for a while, do the wires get very hot?

another option is re-wiring...but, I have no idea of how to do that.

Old 06-15-2009, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by Dark_Hawk
Hey man..I definitely want to buy those. Just one click away, but.... the OEM light bulbs in your car were 45/55 watts right?...I did some research and some people had problems installing 80/100 w light bulbs (melted, driving lights not working good). After having your lights on for a while, do the wires get very hot?

another option is re-wiring...but, I have no idea of how to do that.
standard is 60/55 (hi/lo) watts for an H4/9003 bulb (the ones me and him use)

standard is 55 watts for an HB4/9006 bulb (the ones you use) (these use one bulb per beam unlike the H4 which is a dual filament bulb)

I don't have any problems with the Nokya bulbs, which run at 100/90 watts for an H4. My headlights aren't melting, the wires are fine, etc. Your wiring is better than ours too, because you have a new car with brand new wiring, and the wires are probably higher quality due to them being newer. If you get Nokya Cosmic White for your car (HB4/9006 Size), they run at 80 watts. You will have no problems at all.

Your high beams use a HB3/9005 bulb, which run at 100 watts for the Nokya Cosmic White, and probably 60 watts for a standard bulb.

So, if you want both the high and low beams to use those bulbs, you'll need a pair of the HB4/9006, and a pair of the HB3/9005.

Last edited by trustdestruction; 06-15-2009 at 03:57 PM.
Old 06-15-2009, 06:33 PM
HCF Member

no problem with melting wires. The bulbs do get hotter than normal bulbs though, nothing that would cause any major problem. If your afraid of melting wires then i believe Nokya sells some wiring harness for higher wattage headlights

Quick Reply: Help! Anybody knows about this headlights?