Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

Help! Anybody knows about this headlights?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 03:51 PM
Default Help! Anybody knows about this headlights?

Hey, I am planing on buying these headlights, but I do not know if they would fit my Honda. I have a 09 Honda Civic VP. I think the 08 headlights are the same as the 09.. but can anybody verify that? Thank you!

here is the link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ayphotohosting

just the pic: http://imagehost.vendio.com/a/112575...P-HC06BB-5.jpg

Thank You

Old 06-07-2009, 03:53 PM
March 2010 ROTM

Your stock lights are going to be much better than those.

Old 06-07-2009, 04:34 PM
HCF Member

^ +1, keep you sock one's

Old 06-07-2009, 07:08 PM
Banned

they do look good but like they said the light output will suck ***** and they will probably leak letting in moisture and fog up.

Old 06-07-2009, 08:41 PM

gay headlights

Stock headlights on 8th gen Civics look great.. why the hell do you want to change them?

Old 06-08-2009, 01:25 PM

Thank you guys. ..well I agree, the OEM headlights are good looking ones, but dark. tried different legal light bulbs, but no big difference. I like the Halo rings of the other ones and come with the HID. that is why I might get them, but again, are 08 headlights the same as 09 ones? would they fit?

Old 06-08-2009, 01:32 PM

Those HIDs are garbage, honestly, and the headlights are probably cheaply made.

I know a good set of halogen bulbs that are 5000k, and are pretty much the brightest halogens you can buy... better than Sylvania Silverstar Ultras. 4850k I believe is maximum light output color intensity, and being 5000k, these are about as close as you can get.

These are the exact bulbs you need for the low beams (size HB4/9006)... cheapest price on ebay for these bulbs.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/9006-...ht_1185wt_1360

I swear by these bulbs... no need to get HIDs and add a bunch of stupid wiring to your engine bay and get rid of the great headlight housings the 8th gen civics already have.

Old 06-08-2009, 04:58 PM
HCF Member

hey stu got any pics of those bulbs on a car? want to get them for my girlfriend's celica since her celica is in serious need of some better bulbs. she has some Nokya blue bulbs that shines white and they suck can't see anything at night. lol. i might give them a try since you swear by them. She had some Silverstar Ultra and she likes them but they only lasted 3 months. how would you compare Ultra and the Nokya Cosmic bulbs. Is it a noticeable increase in light output. The ultras are yellow light, is the Nokya Cosmic bluish white or is it yellow as well. Really want to see pics but cant really find them on the web.

If they are good i'm going to use them on my car as well and switch back to the black housing halogen headlights instead of these projector 6000k HID headlight. and sell the projector headlight. What do you think?

Last edited by sfazngiants; 06-08-2009 at 05:05 PM.
Old 06-08-2009, 05:18 PM

Yea, here's a couple pics.

They're actually not blue or yellow at all... they're like a PURE white color, really lights up the road great. It's a day and night difference over the Silverstars I had.

And yea, I think that sounds good. I liked my HIDs at first, but I grew out of them due to all of the extra clutter/wiring in my engine bay, and the fact that I knew it was illegal. Eventually I realized that I prefer the stock wiring configuration and just needed to get some better halogens, and then I stumbled upon these.

Daytime pics, but the color is the same at night. (taken a few days ago... day before i installed the new lip)

The second pic is taken in the path of the beam, that's why there's a lot of glare.

Old 06-08-2009, 06:48 PM
HCF Member

do you mind getting some night time shots with the lights hitting the road. by looking at these day time pics, i think i'm going order them for the celica and my civic.

Quick Reply: Help! Anybody knows about this headlights?