Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

Hella Optilux 2020 dual fog/driving light

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2006, 08:53 AM
Default Hella Optilux 2020 dual fog/driving light

Hey guys:
Yesterday I installed this kit from Hella and wanted to share my thoughts with the forum. Some of you may say: Get some PIAA's!!! I know they are possibly the best out there, but at $200 a pop???!!! I decided to get some Hella's.
I have to say that installation is NOT a breeze...I did this with a friend of mine and took us about 2 hours. We even had to take the front bumper out in order to do a neat wiring.
One thing I like is that it has a switch in which you decide if you want fog lamp or driving lamp (it has 2 bubls per lamp).
The most important question of all: are they bright enough? Sure! I drove yesterday a couple of blocks without the headlights on and they sure are bright enough, specially when you only paid $50 for them. That's the price I got on amazon. Attached are some pictures I took:
1-driving lamp on, headlight off
2-driving lamp on, headlight on
3-fog lamp on, headlight on
4-fog lamp on, headlight off

Hope you find this helpful 'cause my wife makes fun of me for taking pictures to the car lots of times.

Old 08-23-2006, 10:28 AM
Default RE: Hella Optilux 2020 dual fog/driving light

ORIGINAL: superfestiva

Hey guys:
Yesterday I installed this kit from Hella and wanted to share my thoughts with the forum. Some of you may say: Get some PIAA's!!! I know they are possibly the best out there, but at $200 a pop???!!! I decided to get some Hella's.
I have to say that installation is NOT a breeze...I did this with a friend of mine and took us about 2 hours. We even had to take the front bumper out in order to do a neat wiring.
One thing I like is that it has a switch in which you decide if you want fog lamp or driving lamp (it has 2 bubls per lamp).
The most important question of all: are they bright enough? Sure! I drove yesterday a couple of blocks without the headlights on and they sure are bright enough, specially when you only paid $50 for them. That's the price I got on amazon. Attached are some pictures I took:
1-driving lamp on, headlight off
2-driving lamp on, headlight on
3-fog lamp on, headlight on
4-fog lamp on, headlight off

Hope you find this helpful 'cause my wife makes fun of me for taking pictures to the car lots of times.

I was thinking, what if I could light all 4 bulbs at the same time (dual and driving lamps)...In theory, if I take the switch out and weld a jumper cable on both terminals, all 4 lights should work at the same time. No potential damage should be done 'cause they have the same capacity and the relays are designed for them, plus this circuit is apart from the cars'.

Just did it, and it worked!!! Will check in the night, but they are WAY brighter now since I can have both types of lights at the same time!

Old 08-23-2006, 12:45 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Hella Optilux 2020 dual fog/driving light

looks good, ya fog lights can be pretty expensive