Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

halo projector headlights

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2006, 08:43 PM
HCF Member
Default halo projector headlights

well, i installed my halos yesterday. they look really good. lol, as far as doing good, no, not so well. when i turn them on bright are both lights suppose to come on? well, mine do and when i do turn them on bright i hear something like clicking and smell a burning smell from underneath my dash. i dont know whats wrong and the right headlight was messed up to start with. the plugs werent in the right order and now that they actually work on dim, one is a little brighter than the other. as far as the halo's im gonna wire them up when i get the lights working right...any ideas on what to do?? here are some pics of them installed - http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jhspla...=/7cb2&.view=t tell me what you think. i really like them....

Old 01-30-2006, 01:28 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: halo projector headlights

wow man that sounds messed, i dont no if i would put them on if theres a buring smell coming from under the dash...and the issue that one is brighter, i had the same thing but it was just the way they were angled, you might want to play around with that or mabey just get new lights...im not sure about the plugs, mine were all plug and play and they worked great

Old 01-30-2006, 08:38 PM
HCF Member

right now, they are fine by me. i will screw with the wiring some more when i get some free time. i never use bright anyways but still, id like them to work. they fit good and look good. i have a grille im gonna put in sometime too just dont have time. baseball just started today and i get home at 6. i will probably just wait until we have a holiday or a day off from school. ill get it all worked out though. im thinkin that one reason might be that the stock connector on the right side was like melted already so that might have something to do with it. i will probably but a new connector and see how that goes.

Old 01-31-2006, 04:45 AM

I don't know about anybody else, but I'd never re-use damaged connectors! If the connector shell has deformed, it's quite likely you could end up shorting out the contacts, especially if you can smell burning when they're in use.

If you think it looks a little dodgy then either replace it or simply cut off the connector, strip back the wire about 1/2 inch and twist them together to the correct wire. Then solder up over the wires and cover with heatshrink. Jobs a good'un and there's no chance of shorting anything.

=chris=

Old 01-31-2006, 09:17 AM
HCF Member

The lights should be: running lights on the outside, headlights, then brights on the inside. I'd recheck the wiring. It'd be pretty easy to tell. And both headlights aren't supposed to come on, just either the headlights or the brights, not both. Can't help you with the dimming problem. My old headlights, were dim on one side, but I put the halos in and now they're the same brightness. Looks good though!!!

Old 01-31-2006, 01:03 PM
HCF Member

The only thing that bothers me about halos is that they tend to leak, just like any other aftermarket headlight. has yours started to leak yet? they look really nice, but I would get rid of the ugly pin stripe.

Old 01-31-2006, 01:41 PM
HCF Member

Mine haven't leaked. Did you silicone every little hole and seal before you installed them? Might do you good, if you have time, to take 'em back out, dry 'em and seal them.

Old 01-31-2006, 09:17 PM
HCF Member

no, mine havent started leaking yet and i hope they dont. i sealed them up but i didnt take alot of time doing it. and yes, i am going to get rid of that pinstripe because i dont like it either. im going to get a different one that goes from the back to the front with cuts in it...

Old 01-31-2006, 09:27 PM

its really easy to take off the pinstripe, just a blowdryer and a half hour

Old 02-01-2006, 12:27 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: jhsplaya08

im going to get a different one that goes from the back to the front with cuts in it...

mmmm sounds pretty nice. u better post some pics after u get it.