Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

got this lowering spring qoute

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 01:29 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: got this lowering spring qoute

hey that picture was taken on my birthday [8D]

but yeah otherwise thanks for the input everyone

Old 01-20-2008, 03:02 PM
HCF Member

Ok first off i wouldent go with the h-techs because its only a inch drop and u will barely even notice it...i would deff go with the s-techs if i were u...and yes u can use ur stocks struts but they want last that long....if u shop around on ebay u can find stuff cheap...i paid 140 shipped for my s-tech's and the paid 210 shipped for my tokico struts....and this is a great setup with a perfect drop in my opinion....but do what u want but theres no way in hell id pay 300 bucks to install 4 springs...

Old 01-20-2008, 03:08 PM
HCF Member

how low do you think i could go? i live in western NY and heavy snow is common, and also the roads arent all that flat. lots of hills, potholes... etc

edit: and actually whats the deal with "stuck lca bolts" can someone explain further? what would i do if this did happen to me?

Old 01-21-2008, 12:04 PM
HCF Member

also i emailed the guy again to question him about his 4 hour qoute. this is what he said lol
Yes. Actual book time is 2.3 for fronts and 2.3 for rears for a total
of 4.6 hour, so that is what a normal service shop or dealership will
charge.

We do the job in 4 hours and we're willing to offer it at that
discounted time.

Old 01-21-2008, 12:51 PM

Tell him to subtract the potty and smoke breaks out of there....you're gettin ripped off!

Old 01-21-2008, 03:50 PM
Recognized HCF Member

dito your geting hosed!

the deal with seized bolts is just like shown... thiers a steel/rubber bushing in the lower control arms, 3 total, inner/middle/outter. now if you run into this problem..... kinda a big problem and PITA...

depending on your tools available... some people torch the bolts to free them up BUT while doing so you trash the bushing also so you still have to replace the bushing... now if the outter bushing/bolts come out then its no problem to have the middle bushings pressed out and new ones pressed in. but that problem is its only easy if the outter 2 come out without any prolems...
if they do then GOOD LUCK...

from reaper2022
https://www.hondacivicforum.com/m_507169/tm.htm

you can do the middles kinda the same way with them on the car if the outter bushings are also seized BUT just cross your fingers that you dont have that problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but anyways with the hours quoted.... 4-5hours... TOTAL BS.....
only way i would warrant that time is if they did have problems with the LCA bolts and had to replace the bushings....

or go their and watch them the whole time!!!!!!! and time them.LMFAO

Old 01-21-2008, 04:07 PM
HCF Member

^ haha

can someone fill me in on the differant parts of the suspension? specifally i was wondering what the coilover is

so far i know (think i know)

springs, obviously the spring looking thing
and the strut which looks like a rod within a rod (lmao sorry for this layman stuff)

Old 01-21-2008, 04:44 PM
HCF Member

get someone else who knows about cars, hondas, go to your garage, bring a laptop, tools, beer, and get to work. take them off and do it. have another car avaible so you can get new lca bolts, or buy them before hand. cause your gonna break them. change everything out, then alligin the car. enjoy the ride, until winter comes, then your screwed.

Old 01-21-2008, 05:04 PM
Recognized HCF Member

ORIGINAL: gooberguy

^ haha

can someone fill me in on the differant parts of the suspension? specifally i was wondering what the coilover is

so far i know (think i know)

springs, obviously the spring looking thing
and the strut which looks like a rod within a rod (lmao sorry for this layman stuff)
well to be accurate our civics already have COILOVERS on them its just what it sounds like... a coil over a strut. the more popular term people call them for is ADJUSTABLE coilovers.... and those just as they sound like are adjustable, which just adjusts the PERCH of where the springs sit. so you can lower or lift the perch to raise or drop the car.

thiers so much more that you can get into BUT its beter to just buy a book on your car.LOL

Old 01-22-2008, 09:45 PM

hey guys i got a 96 civic coupe and i want to drop it about and 1.2 or so. what type of spings should i use and if so what struts? thanks.

Quick Reply: got this lowering spring qoute