Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

got this lowering spring qoute

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 07:48 PM
Default RE: got this lowering spring qoute

^ Honestly bud, I started out the same way.

Old 01-18-2008, 07:54 PM
Snail'n Admin

ORIGINAL: SovXietday

^ Honestly bud, I started out the same way.
and you still suck . But anyway, just do your research, there are plenty of DIY's on ht and on the internetz. Its not too bad with the right tools and some common sense.

Old 01-18-2008, 11:48 PM
HCF Member

My local Hondadealer charged me 325.00 out the door for Eibach Pro Kit Springs (installed/springs)> They are nice stiffed springs and my Struts are still in good shape..It took them about an 1hr, 2 guys where working on it at the same time. Been having them for over a 2 yrs..NO problems..

Scam for labor 4 hrs=300.00 plus parts...it's a joke

Old 01-19-2008, 01:00 AM

I went through the same situation myself...with the same Tein S-Tech springs and all.

I managed to find an authentic set of them for $140 shipped on eBay.
I called every place in Houston that installs springs and got installation fees ranging from 80-350.
The average install was about $250.

I ended up talking with the guys that do it for $80 bucks and drove about 30 minutes to get it done with them.
They were very professional, did not have to schedule ahead, and knocked it out in just about 1 hour.

Research = saved money my friend.

I'm kinda good at price hunting though...I saved on a lot of parts when I converted from auto->manual by doing the same type of thing (call call call email email email!)

Old 01-19-2008, 04:24 AM
HCF Member

damn i would just say bring it to me ill throw it into the shp at school and put thoose babies on there for yea

Old 01-19-2008, 08:31 AM
Recognized HCF Member

well with all the hassle swaping out springs.... you might as well replace the struts as well. i did. at least THIS WAY you know your struts are new and should last along time...
cause if you do keep your stock struts they probably have quite a bit of milage on them and if one goes back thiers the hassle of taking off the struts and springs AGAIN, as well as geting a alignment as well....

now only way i would pay that much if that was a MAX hours also taking into posibility that the LCA bolts are seized and ALSO that they would do the alignment as well...

in short I WOULDNT DO IT....

if youve got most basic tools and some common sense, (and this site helps as well)
you should be able to do it yourself with most common tools. only thing that is ever a problem when swaping suspensions is the Lower Control Arm bolt on the strut!
and when reinstalig everything BE SURE TO USE ANTI-SEIZE ALL OVER the bolt... threads and shaft heavy.... prevent yourself from a future seized bolt!
everything else is easy, rent a spring compressor from autozone, and buy some ALLEN wrenches and HOPEFULLY your LCA bolt wont be seized.

WORD OF ADVICE dont pull any other LCA bolts, only the center strut bolt, then pull off the upper rear control arm 2 bolts that go to the body and just use your foot to push down the assembly and have a friend just pull out the strut assembly....

i learned that after my other 2 LCA bolts where seized and i didnt want to go thru all the hassle of torching/drilling and replacing the bushings. it worked out great for me!

i think it took me ruffly 2-3hours to swap mine out myself, and this was my first time swapping them out. and about an hour or 2 was spent trying to figure out how to remove everything, especially with the frozen bolts luckily i tried something else and FINALLY figured i could get around it.

Old 01-19-2008, 08:51 AM

THE BEST THING YOU COULD EVER DO ESPECIALLY WITH ANY HONDA IS TO LEARN HOW TO WORK ON YOUR OWN CAR. YOU'LL SAVE A WHOLE LOT OF MONEY AND YOU'LL BE EVEN HAPPIER WITH A SENSE OF ACCOMPLISHMENT THAT YOU DID TO YOUR OWN CAR. AS FOR THE SPRINGS AND STRUTS, DONT BOTHER WASTING YOUR TIME ON JUST GETTING SPRINGS AND REGULAR TRUTS. GET A FULL COIL OVER DAMPER SYSTEM. ITS PRICEY BUT IN THE LONG RUN THEY WILL PERFORM, RIDE, AND YOU CAN ADJUST TO YOUR LIKINGS. GOOD LUCK AND HAPPY MODDING!

Old 01-19-2008, 08:58 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: purple562civic

THE BEST THING YOU COULD EVER DO ESPECIALLY WITH ANY HONDA IS TO LEARN HOW TO WORK ON YOUR OWN CAR. YOU'LL SAVE A WHOLE LOT OF MONEY AND YOU'LL BE EVEN HAPPIER WITH A SENSE OF ACCOMPLISHMENT THAT YOU DID TO YOUR OWN CAR. AS FOR THE SPRINGS AND STRUTS, DONT BOTHER WASTING YOUR TIME ON JUST GETTING SPRINGS AND REGULAR TRUTS. GET A FULL COIL OVER DAMPER SYSTEM. ITS PRICEY BUT IN THE LONG RUN THEY WILL PERFORM, RIDE, AND YOU CAN ADJUST TO YOUR LIKINGS. GOOD LUCK AND HAPPY MODDING!
Holy Caps-lock batman!

last year my dad and I changed out my front struts on my car and it took us about 3 hours becuase the bolts were siezed and we had to go to autozone twice becuase the first time they gave us a compressor for shocks and not struts. It's really not that hard to do. I'm eventually going to change out all of my struts and springs and lower my car. The hardest thing to do is waiting for the pb blaster to work on siezed bolts....It's really not that bad.

Old 01-19-2008, 01:04 PM
HCF Member

what are siezed bolts?[sm=dontgetit.gif][sm=rolleyes.gif][sm=smiley24.gif]

Old 01-19-2008, 01:25 PM
Recognized HCF Member

this is what a true HONDA SEIZED bolt looks like

a true honda seized LCA bolt seizes INSIDE the bushing shaft to the bolt AND IT TYPICALY SEIZES DAM GOOD!!!!!!

i banged on it hard with a air chisel and it didnt budge! but it did tear up the end of the bolt ALOT....

these rear bushing/bolts are almost ALWAYS seized...... but thier are some LUCKY ones...
and HOPEFULLY as well after you change your rear TOE adjusters arent seized either... on my 94civic three of the four TOE arm bolts were all seized.... THOSE SUCK!

lets see on my 94civic i had 5 outta 6 bushing/bolts seized, and on my 99civic i had 2 outta 6 seized up. one on LCA and another on the same side with the TOE adjuster.

Quick Reply: got this lowering spring qoute