Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

Exterior Touch-Ups

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2004, 09:48 PM
Default Exterior Touch-Ups

Hey, im new to the site, and i just turned 16 and purchased a 1995 honda civic manual DX anyways ive been looking around the internet and found some cool stuff that i liked, and i saw on the back of a 92-95 civic that the holes were removed from under the emblem on the trunk and i was just wondering how i could do that with out taking it to a shop and spending money on somthin like that. I was also wondering where is a good website to shop for Body Kits, and such. Thank you.

Old 09-21-2004, 11:50 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Exterior Touch-Ups

not gonna happen. the only way to get rid of those holes is to weld them up, sand them down, then paint them. you can get the emblem off of the front of a civic and very carefully cut the outer ring off, then put that on the back covering the holes. thats about the cleanest choice you have, w/o the body shop thing of course.

Old 09-22-2004, 12:20 AM

yeah the only way to get rid of holes left by the emblem is to spend some cash. I have heard of just putting body filler in there. But in the long run that is not a good idea cause I hear it and expand and things like that.

Old 09-22-2004, 12:21 AM

Also in response your other question. EBAY it is great, just make sure you get good product, you get what you pay for.

Old 09-22-2004, 02:52 PM
HCF Member

Hey, im new to the site, and i just turned 16 and purchased a 1995 honda civic manual DX
cmon now, dont be hatin on a 95 civ, even if its "just" a dx. at least its manual. (no offense slushboxers)

Old 09-23-2004, 05:21 PM

hahaha thanks that boosted my self-esteem yeah its a fun car to drive ive wanted a civic since i was 10

Old 09-23-2004, 08:20 PM
HCF Member

i have the same car and i love it. yeah its not the best one out of the box, but i think it has the most potential. ive talked to a few guys with 95 si hatchbacks, with a motor swap and stripped interiors, and even with full interior, sub box, amp rack, motor swap, integra brakes, and all my other goodies, my car is still a couple hundred pounds lighter than their stripped ones. on the scales at the drag strip, full street weight in mine is 2365lbs. is yours hatch, sedan, coupe or what?

Old 09-26-2004, 09:18 PM

mine is hella stripped, not even power steering, there no weight at all on my car ive got a red coupe its really bad *** do you think i should get Z3 fenders? cause theres a dent in my passenger side fender, and what about any good responses on a bodykit thats reliable

Old 09-26-2004, 10:10 PM
HCF Member

i dunno, i think that z3 fenders are gettin kinda rice, y'know? i guess its just too many people out there with them and most arent painted. maybe some quality carbon fiber fenders, then paint them to match the car. then its a little lighter, but looks stock. ive seen the CF fenders unpainted, and even on a black car it looked ghetto. and yeah, i dont even like power steering, except when im trying to parallel park. try pulling up the carpet and tearing out all of the tar sound deadening under there. i took out probably 40-50 pounds that way. then look into an ex or si tranny. with just that and a cheap a$$ intake, i ran 16.6, not too bad, i probably could have taken off a little more if i had my timing set right, i found out later it was way too advanced, so my trap speeds were like 76mph or something. then i spun a rod bearing before i got to fix the timing.

Old 09-27-2004, 12:41 AM
Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Quick Reply: Exterior Touch-Ups