Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

exterior neons

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 08:41 AM
Default RE: exterior neons

i already got the wing and installed it looks sicks im getting it insured and reg. in like 10 min and once i get it washed ill put new pics on here

Old 10-11-2007, 01:01 PM

ORIGINAL: RyanEJ2

Really nice body kit.
Get it all cleaned up and re-sprayed.. stick a nice double layer wing on the back and it'll be lush mate!
[:@]

such a thing exists? a nice double layer wing?

Old 10-11-2007, 01:24 PM
HCF Member

Dude just pm addiction on the neons. He seems to be the god in this depertment.... Im sure he can tell you everything you wanna know about a neon..

Old 10-27-2007, 07:13 AM
HCF Member

car looks real sick

Old 10-27-2007, 08:10 AM
Recognized HCF Member

wow 22 replys and only 1 about neons.LOL

but like he said HIDE THE BULBS. neons break so do led underbodys not as bad but they can still damage easily...
flexstrips FTW http://www.oznium.com/led-flex-strips

my underbody opinion is WHEEL TO WHEEL UNDERBODY GLOW AND NO i repeat NO bulbs/lights visable!!!!!! you ONLY want to see the lights OUTPUT on the ground!
so to hide the lights you need some chaneling to hide them. ive never done a DIY for underbody glow cause lets face it if you cannt figure it out you probably shouldnt do it yourself!

Old 10-27-2007, 09:13 AM
Super Cereal Admin

^ wow.. I was wondering when you were going to post in this thread lol

and neons/led's aren't hard.... jack up the car (please use jackstands, too!), figure out where you want each tube (do one at a time, and it's easiest if you have a friend hold up the tube... I've done 5 underlight installs, and two of them I did with absolutely no help.... both times sucked hard)... use self-tapping screws to mount the hangers (and tubes) in place. If you're using a streetglow kit, you really don't need to use as many of the hangers as they tell you to.. 3-4 for each side tube and 2-3 for the front/rears work fine. Anyway, run all the wires to a transformer... run the negative wire from the transformer to a ground and the positive to a switch and from the switch to a fused source or the battery (if you choose the battery, please use an inline fuse)

Old 10-27-2007, 10:51 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: reaper2022

^ wow.. I was wondering when you were going to post in this thread lol

and neons/led's aren't hard.... jack up the car (please use jackstands, too!), figure out where you want each tube (do one at a time, and it's easiest if you have a friend hold up the tube... I've done 5 underlight installs, and two of them I did with absolutely no help.... both times sucked hard)... use self-tapping screws to mount the hangers (and tubes) in place. If you're using a streetglow kit, you really don't need to use as many of the hangers as they tell you to.. 3-4 for each side tube and 2-3 for the front/rears work fine. Anyway, run all the wires to a transformer... run the negative wire from the transformer to a ground and the positive to a switch and from the switch to a fused source or the battery (if you choose the battery, please use an inline fuse)
yeah pretty much that. Only hard part is finding a spot to screw it up on.

Old 10-27-2007, 12:48 PM
Recognized HCF Member

its not very hard realy just use some COMMON SENSE and use SHORT self taping screws and keep them AWAY from any gas/brake lines, and electrical wires! the stupidest thing you can do is use some long screws!

but with MOST larger cars with frames you can isntal a whole UB setup with just zipties... BUT these little hondas need some channeling to hide the lights!

fast N furious lighting with the bulbs visable is UGLY AND TACKY AS HELL!!!