Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

ek sidemarkers (56.5 K maybe?)

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2007, 07:07 AM
Default RE: ek sidemarkers

I'd figger out a way to make them on all the time w/ parking lights and blink (off in this case) with signals... But then, I prefer the hard way in everything!

Old 06-29-2007, 07:12 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: kokasian

one of them has two power wires so you only need one connection. you wire the second power wire of one to the power wire of the other and...TADAAA! they did it like that so only one spot in the fuse box is gone. Personally, I think you should find a tap in the fuse box that comes on when you have the ignition on and have a switch in the cabin for them
um, i know how to wire them any way i want, i was just wanting opinions for the most convenient and practical way, i don't need help with the wiring, lol.

Old 06-29-2007, 07:16 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: bpapa

I'd figger out a way to make them on all the time w/ parking lights and blink (off in this case) with signals... But then, I prefer the hard way in everything!
There is a way to wire them that way, BUT, they blink alternately with the turn signals so it looks, well, ghetto. I could do it that way, but I like a clean install. plus, the oem wiring has them only set up to blink.

I was actually thinking about getting a few sets of plugs, and tapping into the running light wire and the turn signal wire, that way all i'd have to do to switch them is just reach my hand under the fender and switch plugs if i'm unhappy with the way they are, or if i'm tired of the look or function.

Old 06-29-2007, 08:02 AM

maybe you can just splice into the turn signal wires and cover it with shrink tape and a black wire loom? i'd stilll have a kill switch in the cabin for it though

Old 06-29-2007, 08:23 AM

There is a way to wire them that way, BUT, they blink alternately with the turn signals so it looks, well, ghetto.
Agreed, I'd want em to blink with the signals if they're gonna blink at all...

Old 06-29-2007, 12:40 PM
HCF Member

have them on with the turn signal, nice buy!

Old 06-29-2007, 02:08 PM

There are three wires going into the turn signal bulb, if you tap into the two colored ones ( I think it's like a green, red and black and black should be ground but I'd test to be sure) the side marker will flash with the turns durring the day and with the running lights on the side makers will be on but then shut off in oposite to the turn signal.

Old 06-30-2007, 08:21 AM
February 2010 ROTM

i have the exact ones and mine are on when my parking lights come on and blink on and off with the signals

Old 07-04-2007, 01:12 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: justinwebb

i have the exact ones and mine are on when my parking lights come on and blink on and off with the signals
yours blink alternately with your turn signals.

i've decided to wire them to my running lights since they are more useful because you will see them more at night. and yes everyone, i know how to wire, it will look factory, i might even add additional clips in case i change my mind on the setup. If i'm THAT desperate, i might find some old dual filament bulb harnesses and retro fit them into the sidemarker.

Old 07-04-2007, 01:43 PM
Recognized HCF Member

well you can make them dual wire........

with some diodes and resistors.....AND LEDS ... fairly simple id think......

it can be done..... forget the cheap bulbs and go LEDs

just an idea...... them have them dimmed for driving lights and full bright when turn signals on..
again just an idea

Quick Reply: ek sidemarkers (56.5 K maybe?)