Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

E-Brake Handle

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2006, 08:45 PM
HCF Member
Default E-Brake Handle

I wanna get a new e-brake handle but have no clue how to install it. I've looked at it and dont see any screws or bolts or anything, so i'm kind of at a loss. Anyone know how to install one?

Old 06-01-2006, 09:04 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: E-Brake Handle

well..when you get the new one,theres just 2 or 3 little nut things that you turn to make stay on, but for the stock handle..some people say you just pull and twist and it will come off, and all the other people just use a saw and cut it off..i tired to take mine off,it was impossible,when i get a aftermarket one,i will just saw off the plastic

Old 06-09-2006, 09:46 PM
HCF Member

I sawed mine off in my 00 civic and it installed fine just make sure to saw froom front to back not top to bottem.

Old 06-10-2006, 12:37 AM

they can sometimes be a ***** to get off by pulling. prolly easier to saw it off..

Old 06-10-2006, 09:21 AM
HCF Member

nevermind im dumb

Old 06-10-2006, 10:50 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Robertsk8

what excatly does an e-brake do?
Uhm...
Emergency brake. It actuates the rear brake cylinders by a cable. It does not need the fluid from the master cylinder to engage the brake cylinders. It (hopefully) prevents the car from rolling when you park it, saves your butt if the main system dies, is fun for brake stands (your car doesn't think so), can slow you down so the cops won't see your brake lights, and if you live near hills, is great to help you get going without rolling into the guy behind you..

Old 06-10-2006, 11:12 AM
HCF Member

well i know what an emergancy brake is. but what is the "e-" brake aspect? Why should i purchase that product?

Old 06-12-2006, 09:17 AM
HCF Member

So when you talk about sawing it off, you mean sawing the plastic off that makes up the handle itself? Not just compltely sawing the thing off right?

Old 06-12-2006, 12:22 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Robertsk8

well i know what an emergancy brake is. but what is the "e-" brake aspect? Why should i purchase that product?
Just bling...interior dress up.
So when you talk about sawing it off, you mean sawing the plastic off that makes up the handle itself? Not just compltely sawing the thing off right?
That's the general idea. Won't work very well if you cut the whole thing off. LOL remember back to front....back to front cuts.

Old 06-12-2006, 03:59 PM

I just bought the Haynes Xtreme manual for the honda civic (figured it would be good since the haynes manual is like my bible) Anyways in there it says.

1)Remove the rear part of the center console. Then remove the stock parking brake lever handle. On some Civics the handle is permanently attached to the lever, so you'll have to hacksaw it off (on other models simply remove a set screw or two and pull off the handle

2)Once the old handle is removed , slide off the old parking brake lever dust boot

Then it just says (in like 5 steps) to put everything back in there and to secure the base with some self tapping screws.

Quick Reply: E-Brake Handle