Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

Dual Halo Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 07:18 AM
Default Dual Halo Headlights

I just got a set of halo headlights for my '97 Civic LX. I have an idea of how to wire them up, but I wanted to check with you guys since I'm sure several of you have installed them before.

The assemblies have two halos and LED accents. Does one halo work for high beam and the other for low beams? If so, where do I connect each one? I was thinking at first to just run all the hot wires together and connect them to the constant wire on the corner marker bulb, then either ground the negs to a bolt or into the ground wire of the harness.

Opinions and installation tips, anyone? Thanks!!!

Old 01-27-2009, 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by Ittie
I was thinking at first to just run all the hot wires together and connect them to the constant wire on the corner marker bulb, then either ground the negs to a bolt or into the ground wire of the harness.
That's exactly right.

Old 01-27-2009, 07:28 AM

So the LEDs and the halos will all run together, there is no separate hi and lo beam? Once the wire connections are made the whole she-bang plugs in to my stock headlight bulb port, and I was unsure if that is what controlled the hi/lo. thanks!

Old 01-27-2009, 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by Ittie
So the LEDs and the halos will all run together, there is no separate hi and lo beam? Once the wire connections are made the whole she-bang plugs in to my stock headlight bulb port, and I was unsure if that is what controlled the hi/lo. thanks!
Yeah, the halos and city lights all run together at once.

The stock headlight harness with 3 prongs does control high/low beam. One prong is ground, one is low beam hot, and one is high beam hot.

I'm not sure if you're saying the halos and city lights are connected to the 3 prong harness or not. Is that what you are saying?

Old 01-27-2009, 08:21 AM

I do not think they are, but I can't verify that right now since I'm at work and they are at home. The way I see things, there are only two wires that create illumination for the halos, and they are not connected to anything. The two wires from each halo and the two wires from the LEDs are what I think will be run together and spliced into the corner wires.

Old 01-27-2009, 08:22 AM
HCF Member

the halos are COMPLTELY independent from the actual headlights. Halos provide no light output, just strictly for looks, and i tink they look cool lol i have all four of my halos grounded to the same spot, then all wired together to their own switch so i can turn them off whenver i want. The high and low beams are powered and groudned all by the harness, no custom stuff there. It should just be bolt on and plug and play with the headlights/high/low beams, but the halos you will need to wire exactly how you said.

Old 01-27-2009, 08:25 AM

Here is a pic of them if that helps, and if I can get it to work...

Attached Thumbnails Dual Halo Headlights-96-98_honda_civic_pro_halo_led_ch_jy.jpg  
Old 01-27-2009, 08:30 AM

Okay, thanks a ton guys. Trust's technical info and Flip's clarification of how the halo functions really made it click in my mind. I finally have it all together in my head and I can't wait for the rain to stop and a day off so that I can pop them on and plug them up.

I had been looking at getting a set of halos for a while, and the diamond clear headlights I have had for about four years now started holding condensation on the inside of one, so I figured it was time to pony up before I blew my Silverstar Ultras out. I'll make sure to put the bulbs up in a safe place, so that if anything happens I can still put the OEM lights in until I can get something else going. Good to have a backup plan, I always say.

I'll hook up the two LEDs and the little lighted strip at the top of the housing to be on when the halos burn, I think that will look rather nice.

Last edited by Ittie; 01-27-2009 at 08:32 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 02-01-2009, 02:38 PM

Okay, I put those headlights in yesterday and when I did the driver's side everything went wonderfully. After getting the passenger side installed everything works except the halo rings. *sigh* While I wait for the people I got them from to email me back about an exchange, does anyone know how I could maybe fix this easily? I left the projectors on the car, because after doing that wiring and getting everything clipped and bolted I didn't feel like taking them both back off again. Thanks.

Old 02-01-2009, 06:39 PM

They're probably burnt out. eBay halo rings are notorious for burning out or coming burnt out.

Quick Reply: Dual Halo Headlights