Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

depo foglights

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2008, 11:27 AM
HCF Member
Default depo foglights

Today i'm going to install my foglights. Never done this befor but a lot of people say it's pretty easy. I'm using these directions http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/.../18767_01.html I know the wireing is going to be a little different than OEM fogs but a lot will be the same. I'll take pics along the way and make a DIY with some good pics cause I haven't found any anywhere....

Some questions i got tho, will it be easier to take the bumper off and hook the fogs up? Or leave the bumper on and do it. Also my kit didn't come with a template to mark the grille rib on where to cut? Can I find one somewhere?

Old 05-11-2008, 03:08 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: depo foglights

ur bumper should have a template to cut , and yes you need to take ur bumper off its a lot easier

Old 05-11-2008, 03:47 PM
HCF Member

Alright, well I got the bumper ribs cut, grinded it down with a dremel till the fogs fitted right. So the template is the top piece that you cut off grille?

Trying to figure out where to feed the wire in to get to the steering coloumn and hook it up to the button? Checked a bunch of DIY's and haven't found the answer. Do I really need to take the whole steering coloumn apart to wire the wire to the button on the dash?

This is the Depo fog lights if that is different somehow.

Old 05-11-2008, 05:28 PM
HCF Member

When you're done I want to see pics![sm=Flahssssss.gif]

Old 05-11-2008, 05:38 PM
HCF Member

Might be awhile lol. I should of taken the bumper off, would of been a lot easier... Right now I'm trying to feed the wires through the bumper and back out the other side near the washer fluid reservoir... not fun

So I figured out on another forum since I didn't get much feedback on this one... that there is a plug on the firewall drivers side that pops out and the wire is feed through that into the dash.

Old 05-11-2008, 05:54 PM
HCF Member

Nice, Glad you figured it out. Down the road when I install fogs on my car I'll hit you up on how to do it....

Or you could do a write up on it....

Old 05-11-2008, 06:08 PM
HCF Member

when i bought my car the guy had already put these dumb ones on, but i just cut the wires and so all i have to do is sauder the wire of the new ones to the old ones and done lol, but i was looking at it and it does not look fun to do, gl, i hate electrical stuff!

Old 05-11-2008, 07:22 PM
HCF Member

Deff do a write up! or i'll be PM the F*** out of you for help next weekend, lol. my depos are in my room waitin.

Old 05-11-2008, 10:06 PM
HCF Member

lol ok, got stuck on too many things today so I'm going to continue either tomorrow night or tuesday. I might have to take the bumper off so I can hook the plate's and bracket's up to mount the fog's. Should of taken PREKGSR's advice... :P

Old 05-12-2008, 09:01 AM
HCF Member

how r u installing them with the bumper still in the car? i told you its A LOT easier to make the hole and get the fogs mounted in the bumper with it being off the car. and yes theres is a plug on the driver side near the power steering fluid can , and under the dash there should be another plug and theres a few DIY with pictures of those plugs floating around and it all depends i dont know how the wiring for the depo fogs is but i got mine from passwordjdm and the wiring is a lot different , there are wirings that are two pieces and then there are ones that are just one piece like the one i have

Quick Reply: depo foglights