Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

de-ricing my car :)

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2005, 11:59 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: de-ricing my car :)

I'd definitely take off the stickers or paint scheme (whatever it is) and probably take off the plastic kit. It doesn't serve a purpose now, does it?

Old 12-03-2005, 11:03 AM

about my tail lights. i want to get rid of the ones i have, and maybe just put on some stock lights. im kind of sick of seeing the euros, and the clears, but i think my only other options are stockers, or are there more?

Old 12-03-2005, 11:18 AM

okay. so i read all of your feedback, and as far as exterior and the "de-ricing" phase, i've made a list of what i think im going to do to change my car, looks wise, and what not. let me know what you think.

SI Tail Lights
Coilovers (not just for looks, you know, bkah blah)
honda center trunk emblem (or all new set?)
matrix "angel eye" headlights (black/clear)
exhaust <<havent quite figured out what exactly yet

and as far as the color(s), it will be the same for a good while. im still undecided, maybe ill just keep the whole silver scheme. but who knows right now. oh well that's what i have cookin so far.

Old 12-03-2005, 03:22 PM
HCF Member

The "Si tail lights" are OEM on any 99-00 coupe. You can broaden your search to EX and DX tails too, might help you track a set down.

Old 12-03-2005, 03:53 PM
mxs
HCF Member

If you're keeping the silver/orange for now, it might actually look good with the 96-98 red/amber/clear tails (instead of the 99-00 red/clear).

Old 12-03-2005, 09:33 PM

ok heres my honest opinion on how to De-Rice and remain seriously good looking and head turning javascript:void(AddText('[>:]'))
javascript:void(AddText('[>:]'))

1) Lose the headlight covers... make some $ off of em though round up all the neighborhood 15 year olds hold a FNF movie night and sell to the highest bidder after the show. . .
2) Repaint the ride a solid single color Muted color like Champaign Mica or Metallic Gun Metal Grey

3) KEEP THE WHEELS! THOSE ARE BITCHIN!

4) put the stock front bumper back on but install a mugen or spoon front lip (way muay tre' cool look there!)

5)Paint your calipers / drums body color

Old 12-04-2005, 01:56 AM

ORIGINAL: adelleda

ORIGINAL: 94VTECoupe

I would get some SI tail lights with white on top red on the bottom.
just so you know si tails are red on top with the white on the bottom

[IMG]local://upfiles/5204/B27B3DA08CF748269640146F205998E4.jpg[/IMG]
Woops! I couldn't remember off the top of my head but I guess it would look weird with white on top now that I picture it in my mind...

Old 12-04-2005, 10:56 AM

so tail lights im just going with the red/clear/ambers instead of the SI's.....i should be getting them today or something. we figured the amber would match the orangeish color on my paint.

Old 12-04-2005, 11:50 AM

shoot me if i'm wrong, but i like the car. i'd keep the spoiler on since its tasteful and not an aluminum apc wing, and i think the copper/silver looks great (especially w/o the green tape and "civic"). like they said, go with some si tails (relatively cheap) and just some projectors or even just clear headlights. save the few thousand from a new paintjob when the one you have is fine, and maybe work on your suspension and swap your rims now to some 18's or something

Old 12-05-2005, 04:55 PM

if i go with 18"s will i need spacers or anyhting to make them fit? and will anything rub?

Quick Reply: de-ricing my car :)