Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

de-ricing my car :)

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2005, 11:04 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: de-ricing my car :)

personally.....if you're gonna paint it...take the silver down lower and then do a copper fade at the bottom. Tequila sunrise style. Would look good if done right. The kit and wing...your call, but clean is mean.
Please forgive the quick chop...I'm at work, but you get the idea.

[IMG]local://upfiles/3798/2D43722F55EA4F7CBF33D839D652CD09.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-02-2005, 12:33 AM

yeah man i see what you mean it looks sorta neat, ill keep it in mind.

im taking updated pics later tomorrow or tonight, i took the spoiler off, and the decals, and my crappy winter tires are on, so yeah the car looks way different, so ill show everyone a before and after thus far. so check back or something.

Old 12-02-2005, 12:38 AM

well the vinal was the greenish colored ****....the orange/silver patterns thats actual paint there..the green just outlined it all

and the spoiler is off, and honestly i can say i like my car a thousand times better now. im gonna take pics here in a little bit.

Old 12-02-2005, 01:09 AM

i personally dont see what was wrong with the car in the first place. to me, it looked good and whoever had it before obviously put a lot of work time and money into it. The car stood out it was unique. I dont see anything wrong with having a car that was different. the vinyl accented the car nicely and by taking that off and even taking the spoiler off takes away from what the car had. And then to spend more money to have it repainted...But, its your car do what u will. Just thought id add my opinions. Is there anyone else out there who feels the same as i do?

Old 12-02-2005, 08:52 AM

i would say don't waste money on the exterior just start hitting up the engine bay or interior whatever u are into

Old 12-02-2005, 11:16 AM

nice car! BUT you're right it definately does need some de-ricing. This subject comes all down to personal opinion. I think that you should just leave your body kit on there. It would look very good with a nice dark paintjob, white would be good too, but unless it's stock I don't prefer light colors. For body kits a shiny dark paint such as black, blue, or something else of that nature would look killer! I know you can get a baic base coat clear coat paint job for like $1000.

Even higher priority, YOU NEED TO LOWER YOUR CAR!!! It looks kinda weird riding high like that with the body kit. Just be careful. Some adjustable coilovers would be good because you can tune it to whatever height you need incase you decide you need to lift it up a bit if you regularly drive in a place with obstructions.

I like the wing. It looks pretty clean, but the headlights don't.... I would go with some halo headlights, some dark ones. I hate euroclear... or silid white lights. That to me screams RICE. my thinking of rice is that its shouting that it has been modified. If I do mods, I like to have mods that look like they would be would be added on by a car company, and I know that they wouldn't put clear lights on there... I would get some SI tail lights with white on top red on the bottom.

Finally, you should do some exhaust mods, make sure it doesn't sound ricey...

Old 12-02-2005, 06:16 PM
HCF Member

id say do silver or blue. keep the kit and tails and spoiler. get rid of the head light covers.

Old 12-02-2005, 07:59 PM

imo there is a fine line between rice and nice. i think he captured nice verry whell with an exception of a few minor things (lights)

Old 12-02-2005, 11:46 PM
HCF Member

but you know what? i was thinking about this. its your car. do whatever you want with it. dont let what some people over the internet tell you how to do your car. do it however you want. if you like how it looks now then rock it. and if you want to change it then change it. dont change it because a couple people told you over the internet to. no matter what you do to a car there will always be people who dont like it. so just do what makes you like the car. thats my two cents.

Old 12-02-2005, 11:49 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: 94VTECoupe

I would get some SI tail lights with white on top red on the bottom.
just so you know si tails are red on top with the white on the bottom

[IMG]local://upfiles/5204/B27B3DA08CF748269640146F205998E4.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: de-ricing my car :)