Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

De-Badged

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2007, 02:17 PM
HCF Member
Default De-Badged

Finally de-badged the Civic. Left the H but took off the Civic and the DX. Still a little bit of gunk, and i mean a LITTLE bit. This picture makes it seem alot worse than it is haha but anyone got any good tips of how to get the rest of the stuff off? Or any advice on waxing/buffing it to make it look good? (where the badges came off)

Old 02-11-2007, 03:04 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: De-Badged

Ouch[:@] What did you do to take them off? It looks like you scratched it off and the paint pretty bad with that last picture. I just used water, soap and a old credit card. Came out just fine. Maybe roayl blue that baby up. by the way can we still call them and get that 2 for 1 discoount

Old 02-11-2007, 03:27 PM
Administrator

to answer your question, you can still call royal blue and get it. and good jobFlip, just clean that baby up

Old 02-11-2007, 05:06 PM
HCF Member

It looks like you scratched your paint, but i think its just the goo left on. Try goo gone.

Old 02-11-2007, 05:57 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: mill$civic

It looks like you scratched your paint, but i think its just the goo left on. Try goo gone.
thats what i was using, i dont think the paint is scratched, and like i said, the camera makes it look WAY worse than it actually is. I didnt use anything other than my finger nail, a hairdryerand goo gone to take it off, so i dont really think its scratched. Where can i prolly find some Royal Blue at?

Old 02-11-2007, 07:53 PM
HCF Member

Just get a bottle of rubbing compound. I swear to you it will take that stuff off. I had the same thing when I DEbadged mine. You can also use a draft eraser(a motorized one) Those work great. But yes, the rubbing compound will fix you right up.

Old 02-11-2007, 08:31 PM
HCF Member

use MacGuier's Scratch X. Its about $6 for a tube at wally world.

I debadged my car the same way and it left slight scratching. Scratch X took it right out.

get a clean cloth, put some on, rub in a circular motion until the scratches start to fade. when you're done, take a clean portion of the cloth and buff to a shine.

it would be even better to use an orbital buffer, which would take out even more of the scratches.

and next time, use your finger nail only. goo gone can take some of the wax and clear coat off.

btw, your paint job looks like it could use a serious waxing. the road salts and grime in your snow-covered state can be murder on your paint job if your wax is worn down.

Old 02-11-2007, 09:09 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: drbyers

btw, your paint job looks like it could use a serious waxing. the road salts and grime in your snow-covered state can be murder on your paint job if your wax is worn down.
i agree man, i've never waxed my car and dont know anything about it. Do you have it proffessionally done or DIY?

Old 02-11-2007, 09:32 PM
HCF Member

DIY..There are lots of threads about waxing and if you use google you can find tuns of articals on how to wax. Its really easy and a couple hours make your car really shine.

Old 02-11-2007, 10:04 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: FlipHKD720

ORIGINAL: drbyers

i agree man, i've never waxed my car and dont know anything about it. Do you have it proffessionally done or DIY?

if you've never waxed your car, you need to do it the first chance you get.

your paint job has probably taken a beating over the years. the first thing i recommend is getting a $20 - $50 orbital buffer from wal-mart. an orbital buffer is worth their weight in gold when it comes to waxing a car.

the buffer should come with at least a waxing applicator pad and a softer buffer pad.

the DIY tutorials will explain the rest.

i wax my car about once every 1-2 months in the warmer weather, simply because my paint job has taken a beating over the years too.

i can tell the wax is doing its job because water beads like crazy on my car after it rains. the water runs off of it like its mercury.