Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

CTR climate contol?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 09:21 PM
HCF Member
Default CTR climate contol?

So maybe someone here knows, I am wanting to do a 99/00 climate control coversion But I want to use a CTR climate control anyone know if its possible without the RHD conversion?

Old 09-10-2008, 11:10 AM
Recognized HCF Member

ive also wondered this ALOT!!! ive only seen them on one US civic and have no idea if they worked or not! every unit ive seen on ebay the seller will never get me a picture of the rear of the controls!!!
if they would simply connect to my stock wires id love to have some myself.
but ive also asked this before and never got a answer
if you find out PLEASE HIT ME UP WITH THE INFO!!!!

Old 09-10-2008, 03:37 PM
HCF Member

The 96-98 CTR will kinda bolt up, the only diff is at the hazzard buttion.
If anyone ever removed there bezel befor will understand this, but the arm is longer on the hazzard buttion side, so when you place it on a LHD car it dosnt fit, so you have to trim it a little, but evething else bolts up, you also have to pull the wire harness to the opp side to make the hazzard to work, oh and you will lose the rear defoger.

Now the 99-00 will fit but you will lose the vents and A/C, because its on the other side, plus you have to pull the wires to get the hazzard to work, Oh and you will lose the rear defoger to.

I just put the 98 CTR bezel in my car.

Old 09-10-2008, 05:34 PM
Recognized HCF Member

what you mean you lose the rear defoger.... looks like it has a defoger to me......

id like to see about the temp sensor controls one that has like a auto selection.

Old 09-10-2008, 10:13 PM
HCF Member

okay so you can use just the carbon bezel? I am building a CTR clone at the moment so I am kinda curious how to make the climate control look as close as I can to the CTR. So you can use just the CTR bezel I take it? Then switch the amber bulbs over? I was kinda curious becaise between the two vents is some sort of switch on both CTR climate controls does that affect the functionality at all?

Old 09-11-2008, 02:47 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by addiction2bass
what you mean you lose the rear defoger.... looks like it has a defoger to me......

id like to see about the temp sensor controls one that has like a auto selection.
Some how the wireing got lost in translation from japan to the U.S.
All mine does is sit there to look pretty, but i dont care because i have a FAL rear window.

sandrider123...................................... .................................................. .................okay so you can use just the carbon bezel? I am building a CTR clone at the moment so I am kinda curious how to make the climate control look as close as I can to the CTR. So you can use just the CTR bezel I take it? Then switch the amber bulbs over? I was kinda curious becaise between the two vents is some sort of switch on both CTR climate controls does that affect the functionality at all?

Ok, if your car is between 96-98 and your useing the 96-98 bezel?
Then yea, and that switch in the middle of the vents is really a vent closer, because on the U.K and Japan cars have a vent on top in the center of there dash, so you can open and close that vent. and it wont affect anything.
Also you cant use the U.S hazzard and defoger because they are way to large to fit in the pocket, so againg you have to use the JDM or U.K ones.
Iv seen people use the U.S buttion but over laps so much thats its kinda funny.
Name:  Picture061.jpg
Views: 332
Size:  76.2 KB

But if your car is 99-00 and you want to use the 99-00 bezel
Then NO, it wont work, only the radio and Hazzaed.

Old 09-12-2008, 03:40 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

Anything will "work" with some fabrication.

I tried putting one of these in to my Civic a while back.

Name:  ClimateControl2.jpg
Views: 337
Size:  37.1 KB

There are some wiring issues (good luck finding a good, understandable diagram). This isn't nearly as irritating as the vent slots not lining up with the actual vents on the CC unit.

You will need to cut back your existing (in-dash) vent slots, then fab up extensions to turn and route to where the vents on the CC vents are located.

Aside from that, and extending some wires, you should be okay.

Old 09-14-2008, 08:45 PM
HCF Member

wow this looks to be more work then I was thinking lol

Old 09-15-2008, 04:58 AM
Recognized HCF Member

ya forty thats the kind ive wanted to put in my civic awhile back.... i was hoping it was plug and play for the ac controls.... the vents dont seem like that much of a hassle to me....